Add a little more fun to your classic lemonade with this watermelon lemonade. It is the perfect summer treat, that's sweet, light, and refreshing. Plus, it needs only 5 ingredients and takes just 5 minutes to make.
Table of Content
Two of our favorite things in summer are mint lemonade (also called limonana) and watermelon juice. Sometimes, I mix the two together and make it a bit more refreshing.
Why make this drink?
- The one thing I like about this drink is that I can use less sugar compared to lemonade because watermelon is much sweeter.
- I freeze the watermelon slices. That way, I omit the ice and use more watermelon. This also gives a pretty deep red color and sweeter drink.
- I like to strain the drink because it looks nicer and it's smoother to drink. Having said that, the pulp is good fiber and good for you.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Sugar - I am using white sugar but honey works just as well. Adjust the sweetness depending on how sweet the watermelon is.
- Watermelon - The best watermelons are the ones that are bright red and juicy. A good practice is to let the grocer cut and check so you know that you're a good one.
- Lemon juice - While you can use the commercial one, there is nothing more refreshing than fresh lemon juice.
Step by step instructions
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness. And if necessary, add more sugar.
- Strain through a sieve to remove the fiber (optional).
- Pour into a pitcher and keep chilled until ready to use.
- If you do not sieve the pulp out, it will last two days in the fridge.
- And if you sieve the pulp out, it will last 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
You may also like
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it.
Save it for later.
You can also find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to receive new recipes by email.
Easy Watermelon LemonadePrint Pin Rate Share by Email Share on FB Save Grow Saved!
- 6 cups (1 kg) Watermelon (cubed)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Lemon juice
- 2 cups Ice cubes
- ½ cup (100 g) Sugar
- 1 sprig Mint leaves ((optional) for garnish)
- If you do not sieve the pulp out - it will last two days in the fridge
- If you sieve the pulp out - it will last 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you