The classic Indian lassi is a mango smoothie made with mango and yogurt. Today, we use coconut milk to make this coconut mango lassi. As a result, this is both vegan and dairy-free lassi. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned mangoes and it takes just 5 minutes to prepare.
Table of Content
Summer is here people!! Now, summer in Israel is not easy. It can go up to 40 degrees Celsius. The air condition is on but getting out of the house is like walking into the oven. My kids will not eat as much of course because they want to drink something cold. So fruit juices, milkshakes, and yogurt drinks are always a must in the fridge
Traditionally Indian mango lassi is made with (homemade) milk yogurt. But if you'ver never tried the combination of mango and coconut, you are in for a treat.
The name may be Indian but as you can see it's basically mango, yogurt, and sugar so, similar to a mango milkshake or mango smoothie.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Mangoes - Use fresh, frozen, or canned. If using canned mangoes omit or reduce sugar in the recipe. If you have extra mangoes around freeze mangoes - to use off-season.
- Agave /Honey - Mangoes are naturally sweet so only add any sweeteners if necessary.
- Coconut milk - I use coconut milk but coconut cream works too. The cream makes a richer frozen milkshake while the milk makes a lassi like pouring consistency. If using the cream, I suggest using ¼ cup first, add more if you want it creamier.
- Ice - Ice works great in summer drinks but you could omit the ice. Blend it all without ice, add a little water to get the right consistency, then chill for a few hours.
Step by step instructions
- Place mango, coconut, cardamom powder, and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness. If necessary, add the honey or agave syrup and blend some more.
- Pour into an individual serving glass like this. You can garnish with fresh-cut mangoes or sprinkle more cardamom powder.
You may also like
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it.
Save it for later.
You can also find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to receive new recipes by email.
Coconut Mango LassiPrint Pin Rate Share by Email Share on FB Save Grow Saved!
1 lb = 453 grams, 1 cup = 240 ml, 1 stick = 113g, 1 tbsp= 15 ml, 1 tsp= 5 ml,
- 2 cups (330 g) Mangos ((2 medium) chopped)
- ½ cup (120 ml) Coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Agave or honey
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom powder ((optional) )
- Place mango, coconut, cardamom powder, and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust sweetness. If necessary add the honey or agave syrup and blend some more
- Pour into an individual serving-glass like this. You can garnish with fresh cut mangoes or sprinkle more cardamom powder
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
Enjoyed this for breakfast this morning and it does not disappoint! Hands down, the best way to start my day!
Thank you, Sara.
This mango lassi was refreshing, easy to make and perfect for summer!! We enjoyed it as an after dinner treat this evening!
Thank you so much, Anjali. I am so happy you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback.
So delicious! I made it with frozen mango chunks and it's my new favorite smoothie!
Thank you, Chenee. Happy you enjoyed it.
This drink is so yummy and refreshing. Perfect for summer and I’ll definitely be making these more often!