Coconut Mango Lassi- Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Dairy Free
The classic Indian lassi with mango and yogurt takes a modern twist with mango and coconut milk instead. This simple, easy and effortless coconut mango lassi drink made with luxurious sweet coconut milk and fresh seasonal mangoes take no more than 5 minutes to prepare and is naturally vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Summer is here people!! It’s hot!! Now, summer is Israel is not easy. It can go up to 40 degrees Celsius and there is no escaping from it. The air condition is on and getting out of the house is like walking into the oven. My kids will not eat as much of course because they want to drink something cold.
I am not a huge fan of ice despite the heat. Ice with me and my kids mean nursing a severe cold but God knows this drink with ice is luxury at a different level. The ice breaks in and creates this smooth velvety creamy smoothie that just melts away the heat. You must try it.
So, summer means lots of drinks. More drinks, which means less food and more snack meals. I don’t blame the poor kids’ weather can really confuse their poor bodies.
Make it Vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free.
Traditionally Indian Mango Lassi is made with milk yogurt. However, these days the desire for non-dairy or gluten-free and low-carb has been driving the trend. In this case, coconut works as a great natural alternative to dairy or vegan option and of course, it’s naturally low-carb as well. So make sure you read the label to ensure the brand you are using is in fact gluten-free.
Let’s talk ingredients and substitutes (Save/Pin)
- Mangoes – If you can find fresh, use fresh if not you can use canned mangoes for this too!
What I like to do is – when mangoes are in season I freeze a batch so I can use them when I need to offseason. I showed you How to freeze mangoes – to use off-season in this post. If using canned or frozen – just use as is, no need to thaw.
- Agave /Honey – If you use fresh mangoes in the season you probably won’t need much honey or agave. You can use sugar but honey or agave and coconut bring out the flavors in each other beautifully.
- Coconut milk – I use a can of coconut cream, you can also use coconut milk instead. The difference will be in the richness and thickness of the drink. The cream is richer and like a frozen milkshake while the milk makes a more lassi like pouring consistency. Both are delicious of course.
- Ice – Ice works great in summer drinks but if you want, you could omit the ice. But it’s a personal choice. You can just blend it all without ice, add a little water to get the right consistency, then chill if it’s not cold enough.
Recipe – Coconut Mango Lassi aka Vegan, Gluten-Free. Diary-Free Lassi
- Mango chopped – 2 cups (I’m using from fresh mangoes) Or 1 cup Can Mangoes
- Coconut milk – 250 ml (1 cup or 8 oz)
- Agave or honey – 2 tbsp
- Ice Cubes – 1 cups
- Wash clean and cut mango around the seed.
- Place mango, agave, coconut cream, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into desired glasses
- Garnish as desired.
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
Coconut Mango Lassi aka Vegan Mango Lassi Recipe
The classic Indian lassi with mango and yogurt takes a modern twist with mango and coconut milk instead. This simple, easy and effortless drink made with luxurious sweet coconut milk and fresh seasonal mangoes take no more than 5 minutes to prepare and is naturally vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 2 cups Mango chopped (2 mangoes)
- 250 ml Coconut milk (not cream) (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp Agave or honey
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
Wash clean and cut mango around the seed.
Place mango, agave, coconut cream, and ice cubes in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into desired glasses
Garnish as desired.
If you like smoothies and milkshakes. Check out some of the other combinations I have for you here – Drinks
Such as Watermelon lemonade, Strawberry Banana Milkshake, Blueberry Banana Chia Smoothie, Chia Colada, Kahlua chocolate milkshake, Mocha Frappuccino, Strawberry chocolate smoothie, Frozen Hot Chocolate, Cantaloup Orange Smoothie, Banana Date chia smoothie, Mango Chia Smoothie and more….
Love Mangoes? Me too!
If you looking for more mango inspiration then you will find a wonderful collection of my recipes here on the blog.
See all mango desserts. Alternatively, you can see my Recipe Index to see a full list of all recipes on this blog