This berry smoothie is a delicious blend of berries mixed with creamy yogurt and chia seeds. It gives your day a perfect pickup, be it for breakfast, mid-day snack, or a healthy dessert.
We've come to make it a habit to have some smoothies for breakfast. My Rhea often does not eat breakfast well but she does love her smoothies. So, I'm always looking for ways to make her drink fun and interesting. This simple and easy smoothie uses fresh strawberries in the season with some frozen berries.
- Fruit - In this one, I am using berries. Banana is also a great addition to berries.
- Yogurt - I'm using low-fat fruit yogurt but you can also use just milk. Almond and coconut would be delicious too.
- Honey - Berries are naturally sweet with a slight tartness to them. I love them just the way they are but my Rhea does need a little honey to mask the tart flavor. I highly recommend you blend without the honey and add it only if necessary.
- Chia - This is a great addtion to smooties because it thickens the smoothie and also make it more wholesome.
The color of your smoothie will reflect the berries you use. I had more fresh strawberries and frozen raspberries in mine.
Step by step instructions (pin)
- Blend all the ingredients except the honey in a blender until smooth
- Taste and adjust for sweetness. If necessary add the honey.
- Pour into individual serving glasses and garnish with fresh fruit or mint leaves
Other smoothies you may like to try
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Banana Dates Smoothie
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you