Mango Chia Smoothie – Mango Smoothie Recipe
This creamy mango chia smoothie with yogurt makes a healthy, light and refreshing summer drink you will want to enjoy more often than you plan. This simple, easy and effortless recipe makes a healthy mango smoothie using fresh, frozen or canned mangoes so you can enjoy this drink all year round even when mangoes are not in season.
I hope you guys are looking forward to summer! We had a cold winter here so we are really looking forward to some warm weather soon.
Mangoes in summer make summer even more fun. We are big fans of mangoes in our home and we make everything mango from mango lassi, mango mousse, mango pudding to mango jelly, Mirror glaze cake with the Mango mousse and jello insert.
Have you had my Mango Lassi yet? Well, this is similar just with a little twist.
Let’s talk ingredients for our Mango Smoothie – (Save/Pin)
- Mangoes – I’m using frozen mangoes for this drink. These were more orange than yellow as you can see but whatever mango you use will work great. Just a difference in color.
- Coconut Milk – I love the addition of mango and coconut – so refreshing and so creamy. If you prefer you can stick to yogurt, milk, almond milk or even water.
- Honey – it’s always nice to have the fruit drink a tad sweet. Usually, that happens with the fruits natural flavor. However, if necessary you can add one or more tbsp as needed.
- Chia – In my previous posts, we spoke about chia and the benefits of chia so I’m going to let you go have a read – Strawberry Banana Chai Smoothie.
- Protein Powder – This is optional. Sometimes I use and sometimes I do without. Today I have not used any protein powder for this one but I often buy either whey, hemp or pea. the choices are plenty and you can choose whichever suits your diet.
- Ice – I do use ice but if I use frozen fruits I omit the ice so it’s not too Icy. It’s a personal choice here.
Recipe – Mango Chia Smoothie aka Mango Smoothie (Save/Pin)
- Mango – 4 mangoes – peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- Coconut milk/almond milk/ yogurt/milk – 2 cups
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Protein powder – 1 tbsp
- Ice – 2 cups
- Honey – 1 tbsp (if needed)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness – if needed add a tbsp or more of honey
- Pour into individual serving glasses
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
Mango Chia Smoothie aka Healthy Mango Smoothie
This creamy mango chia smoothie with yogurt makes a healthy, light and refreshing summer drink you will want to enjoy more often than you plan. Simple, easy and effortless recipe makes a healthy mango smoothie using fresh, frozen or canned mangoes so you can enjoy this drink all year round even when mangoes are not in season.
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
- 4 Mango peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Coconut milk / almond milk / yogurt / milk
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Protein powder
- 2 cups Ice
- 1 tbsp Honey if needed
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Taste for sweetness - if needed add one or more tbsp of honey
Pour into individual serving glasses