This blueberry banana smoothie is a great way to start the day Healthy, nutritious, and wholesome this is packed with lots of energy. Made with fresh or frozen blueberries this can be made any time of the year.
I call this breakfast of champions because banana is a huge powerhouse of energy and when combined with blueberries this smoothie is a superpower. The blueberries add a pretty blue that is always so exciting to my kids.
- Banana - I think this has to be the most popular fruit in the world, and rightfully so. So nutritious, healthy, and low in calories. It can add a nice creamy texture to smoothies and ice cream.
- Blueberry - Are loaded with antioxidants. They are high in fiber and low in fat, which makes these a great guilt-free treat for summer drinks.
- Liquid - I am using regular 3% milk but you can use yogurt to make this more wholesome. Almond or coconut milk would be delicious too.
- Chia - these add a nice thickness to the drink but also makes it more filling.
Step by step instructions
- Add all ingredients except honey to a blender and blend until smooth
- Taste for sweetness. If necessary add the honey and blend once more.
- Pour into individual serving glasses and enjoy!
Other smoothies you may like to try
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Berry Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
- 2 Bananas large
- 1 cup (150 g) Blueberries
- 1 cup (240 ml) Milk (dairy, almond or coconut)
- 1 tbsp Oats
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 2 cups Ice
- 1 tbsp Honey
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you