A banana date smoothie is a great way to start or end a long day. It healthy, nutritious, and wholesome bursting with energy. Whether you make it with fresh or frozen fruits, this healthy smoothie can be enjoyed all year round.
What could be better than to start the day with a good delicious, healthy, nutritious smoothie? My Rhea has one every morning for breakfast so I'm always thinking of new ways to make them interesting and amazing for her. This banana date smoothie is one of our family favorites.
The best thing about a smoothie is that you can add or subtract any or as many of the ingredients.
- Banana - This is a superfood and a great fruit to eat at the start of the day. It is packed with nutrition and is low in calories.
- Dates - Whether fresh or dry, this is another superfood and the benefits are countless. My husband believes in dates so much he eats a minimum once a day.
- Protein powder – This is optional but also adds thickness to the smoothie.
- Oats - you can omit but it does make the smoothie thicker and filling.
- Ice – If you use frozen fruits you can omit the ice. A cold smoothie is so much tastier.
- Coconut milk – I'm using dairy milk but almond or coconut milk, are also delicious.
- Chia – You can omit the chai. It does add thickness and keeps you full longer.
Step by step instructions (pin)
- Remove seeds from the dates.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual serving glasses
Other smoothies you may like to try
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Berry Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
- 2 Banana large
- 2 Dates large
- ½ cup (120 ml) Milk (dairy, almond, or coconut)
- 2 tbsp Oats
- 1 tbsp Protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 cup Ice
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you