Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade Drink
Whether you are looking to add more freshness to your lemonade or more zing to your watermelon, this watermelon lemonade is a perfect summer treat. Sweet, light and refreshing – it’s like summer in a drink.
Two of our favorite things in summer are Mint Lemonade (also called Nana Lemonada here) and Watermelon Juice. Some times I mix the two up and make it a bit more refreshing. There is something about lemonade that really makes it so cooling and refreshing right.
If you know summer in this part of the world you will not be surprised when I tell you I have lemonade in the fridge 24/7 !! It’s so hot that the kids walk into the house and want a cold drinks. Often instead of lemonade I will make this watermelon lemonade and honestly the main reason is to use less sugar.
Let’s talk ingredients
- Sugar Syrup – A sugar syrup is very handy to have on hand when you need to make drinks. In fact in summer-ready in my fridge. It’s basically just equal parts of water and sugar boiled until the sugar is dissolved.
- Watermelon – The best watermelons are the ones that are bright red and juicy. A good practice is to let the grocer cut and check so you know that you getting one that’s good. You can’t really keep watermelon for long even it the fridge, perhaps 4 to 5 days but If you happen to buy more than you need – just cut the watermelon in cubes and throw them in the freezer. They last longer and the best way to use them is to use them in this watermelon lemonade. Omit the ice in the recipe of course.
Do I have to sieve the drink?
Honestly, NO! But it does look nicer and it’s smoother to drink. Having said that the pulp is good fiber and good for you.
Want a bright red color watermelon Lemonade?
If you wondering why my lemonade has this pretty color – it’s because I used frozen watermelon (remember I suggested to save the extra in the freezer above). That way I omit the ice and use more watermelon. Voila!! pretty!!
It’s really very simple and easy here’s how
- Watermelon – 6 cups cubed
- Sugar syrup – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes – 2 cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
Make Sugar Syrup
- Boil sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
- Add all 4 ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness.
- Strain over a sieve and serve.
- If you do not sieve the pulp out – it will last two days in the fridge.
- If you sieve the pulp out – it will last 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
Save this Drink on Pinterest for later
If you like smoothies and milkshakes. Check out some of my other combinations I have for you here – Drinks
Recipe Card – Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
Whether you are looking to add more freshness to your lemonade or more zing to your watermelon, this watermelon lemonade is a perfect summer treat. Sweet, light and refreshing - it's like summer in a drink.
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
- 6 cups Watermelon cubed
- 1/2 cup Sugar syrup
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 2 cups Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
Make Sugar Syrup
Boil sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
Add all 4 ingredients in a blender
Blend until smooth
Taste and adjust sweetness
Strain over a sieve and serve
- If you do not sieve the pulp out - it will last two days in the fridge
- If you sieve the pulp out - it will last 4 to 5 days in the fridge.