This refreshing mango drink is made with mangoes, yogurt, sweeteners, and a sprinkle of cardamom powder. We call it mango lassi in India and is often made with homemade yogurt.
If you've been to an Indian restaurant you've probably seen many variations of the lassi. The classic is made with yogurt and spices.
- Salted lassi - You can make a salted lassi without sugar and add mint for a refreshing summer drink or
- Fruit lassi - you can make a fruit lassi with sugar and fruits such as strawberries, peaches, mangoes, berries.
- I made vegan or dairy-free lassi with this coconut mango lassi.
There is so much you can do with mangoes when in season. Here is a list of wonderful mango recipes - over 30 mango recipes to try this summer
Ingredients and substitutes
- Mangoes - Use fresh, frozen, or canned. If using canned mangoes omit or reduce sugar in the recipe. If you have extra mangoes around freeze mangoes - to use off-season.
- Sugar / Honey - If you use fresh mangoes in the season you won't need much sugar. Start with less and then add if necessary. Honey or agave syrup works too.
- Yogurt - Thicker yogurt will give a thicker lassi. Personally, I use my homemade yogurt from scratch made with 3% fat. You can use anything from Greek yogurt for a thick creamy to a low-fat yogurt for a light refreshing drink.
- Cardamom - this adds a nice flavor (not spicy) to the mangoes. Very common in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Ice - Ice works great in summer drinks but if you want you could omit the ice and use just cold yogurt. The drink will be less thick but you will still enjoy it.
Step by step instructions (pin)
- Place mango, yogurt, cardamom powder, and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness. If necessary add the honey or agave syrup
- Pour into desired glasses. Garnish with mango slices and mint leaves.
more similar drinks to try
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Banana Dates Smoothie
- Berry Chia Smoothie
- Cinnamon Chocolate Milkshake
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Cantaloup Orange Smoothie
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
- 2 cups (330 g) Mango chopped,
- 2 cups (470 ml) Yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey or agave
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder (optional)
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you