Chocolate Sheet Cake
Chocolate is very popular with kids and every time I need to make a kids cake to take to school it’s most often a sheet cake, because it’s easy for the teacher to cut a rectangular cake as compared to a round cake.
Chocolate Sheet Cake
Author: Veena Azmanov - Veena's Art of Cakes
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 9 x 13 sheet pan
Makes one 9 x 13 in sheet pan about 2 inch tall
- Mixer - Hand Mixeror Kitchen-Aid or K-mixwhich ever works for you.
- Cake Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Tray
- Cooling Rack
For the cake
- 500 grams / 4½ cups A P Flour
- 85 / ¾ cup grams Cocoa Powder
- 300 grams / 1½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 300 grams / 1¼ cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Large Eggs
- 150 ml Vegetable Oil
- 200 grams Butter Melted
- 200 ml Sour Cream
- 350 ml Water (boiling)
- 100 ml Milk
- 2 tsp Coffee
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/340 F
- Prepare your pans for baking. (Grease and line)
- Have all your ingredients ready at room temperature.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- You can use an electric mixture but this today I'm using a whisk.
- In a bowl, add both sugars, melted butter and oil. Use a whisk and stir so the sugar will melt into the fat.
- Add the boiling water into the coffee and Cocoa powder.
- Add the cocoa mixture into the sugar mixture. Continue to stir melting the sugar.
- Add the milk into the sour cream, use a whisk and stir it smooth.
- Add sour cream mixture to the sugar and cocoa mixture.
- Break the eggs and whisk well.
- Add the eggs to the sugar and cocoa mixture. Add the Vanilla extract.
- At this stage you should have added all your liquid ingredients.
- Now it's time to add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- It's best to add the liquid in three batches into the dry so you avoid lumps.
- Pour into your baking pan and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Decorate when completely cold.
Want your customers to enjoy cakes that taste as delicious as they look?
Check out my collections of VAOC Calculated Recipes.
Wondering how much batter you need?
Have no time to calculate your recipes?
Are you sure your recipe will work the same when doubled or tripled?
Don't know how to convert recipes?
Do you need a 4 inch tall cake?
or perhaps a 6" tall cake?
Round or Square cake?
Don't worry - I can help!!
My Tried and Tested recipes are already calculated for your convenience.
I have calculate 15 different size pans for you in each PDF - be it Round or Square & and yes both 4 or 6 inch tall cakes.
So now a single tier or double barrel baking is a piece of cake with my PDFs.
visit Calculate Recipe section Now !
This cake was decorated into a Painted Bakugan cake. I will share those pictures with you later this week too.
GET FREE UPDATES - SENT TO YOUR EMAIL.