Do you love pumpkin? Then you’re in for a treat. Pumpkin transforms into lots of delicious fall recipes. Whip together these easy pumpkin recipes for some tasty seasonal food. Perfect for the holidays, these dishes are as delicious as they are fun.
Table of Content
The great thing about pumpkin is that it is a very versatile fruit. We often use pumpkin seeds in our granola and cereals throughout the year. But the pumpkin itself becomes very popular in fall. With the pumpkin, you can make amazing sweet or savory pumpkin recipes. While it makes the most amazing pumpkin desserts, pumpkin cake, or pumpkin bread it can also make a comforting pumpkin soup or curry.
Yes, a pumpkin is actually a fruit, not a vegetable but it has to be cooked. Cooking pumpkin is very similar to cooking butternut squash and in fact, you can replace butternut squash in any recipe with pumpkin to give it a bit more of a fall flavor or pumpkin flavor. While you can boil or steam it, one of my favorite ways to use it is to roast it. Roasting helps bring out its natural flavors and makes it sweeter.
Below you will find over 30 recipes using pumpkin as the main ingredient. Often accompanies with spices and flavors that complement this fruit in fall such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice, cloves, or pumpkin spices in pumpkin cakes, cupcakes, or pumpkin muffins.
The truth is you can turn some of your favorite recipes by simply adding pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie spice. For example, You can make your own or use canned pumpkin puree or pumpkin spice mix.
- Add pumpkin puree to your classic cheesecake to make a pumpkin cheesecake.
- Or add pumpkin puree to your vanilla cupcakes to make pumpkin cupcakes or pumpkin cookies.
- Add pumpkin puree to your breakfast oatmeal to make pumpkin oatmeal.
- Use pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to your classic pancake or waffle recipes to make delicious pumpkin pancakes or pumpkin waffles. Better yet, add a few chocolate chips to make chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes.
- Or add a little pumpkin puree to your favorite pasta sauce to make a pumpkin pasta.
- Sprinkle some pumpkin spice to your favorite snack in winter to give it a little fall zing.
- A little pumpkin puree and spice to your cream cheese frosting or favorite vanilla buttercream make the best frosting for your cupcakes, especially when combined with maple syrup.
- I've made many layer cake recipes with pumpkin spice and puree to make pumpkin layer cakes
My best pumpkin recipes
- Chocolate Tartlets
- Soft Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- How to Make Pumpkin Soup
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Recipe for Pumpkin Waffles
- Best EVER Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chai Latte
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- Best Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Moist Pumpkin Cream Cake Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
- Mini Pumpkin Cake Donuts
- Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Souffle
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix
- Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Tart Recipe
- Coconut Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Coconut Caramel
- How to Decorate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Roast Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
- How to Carve a Pumpkin Cake
Two basics you must have...
At the beginning of fall, I do two things. I make a big batch of my homemade pumpkin puree and freeze it so I can use it whenever I need it. And I make my homemade pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin lattes are a must in fall
These two are some of the first few things we make at the beginning of fall, when the days are still warm for an iced latte, but the evenings are cold and begging for a hot latte.
Pumpkin cakes, bundts, loafs
Whether it's a coffee cake or a layered cake, celebrations in fall become extra special when you add a seasonal element to your desserts.
Pumpkin is also a wonderful flavor to use with bread. Here are a few I think you will love.
Pumpkin cupcakes and muffins
When pumpkins are in season why not treat your muffins and cupcakes with some pumpkin love? Add a little pumpkin puree to your favorite muffin or cupcake for a wonderful fall-inspired treat.
Donuts come to life in fall and winter. These comfort food baked or deep-fried rings are delicious. Of course, add a few warm fall spices to these and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Who doesn't love a good soufflé and creme brûlée? Bring these to life in fall with a taste of pumpkin and the warmth of pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin pies, tarts and tartlets
Pumpkins can truly bring pies, tarts, and tartlets to life this time of the year. Whether you make one a large tart for the family or a few mini tartlets for all your guests. And I have just the right flavors for you.
Nothing beats warm homemade soup on a cold fall night. And while I have many hearty, healthy, and homemade soups, these two pumpkin recipes are truly comforting and scrumptious.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it.
Save it for later.
You can also find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to receive new recipes by email.