Quick and Easy Homemade Lychee Kulfi – Semi-Homemade
Kulfi is an Indian ice cream and absolutely delicious. This Homemade Lychee Kulfi is so simplified it will get you hooked on to make it over and over again.
If you’ve ever been to an Indian restaurant you would have probably eaten this delicious Indian Ice Cream / Popsicle called Kulfi. It is sometimes served in a tiny earthen pot sometimes.
It’s not hard like a Popsicle but rather very creamy and milky. Has no eggs or custard so the structure is very soft and melts in your mouth.
The Old School Kulfi
Traditionally Kulfi is made withfull-fatt milk that has been heated for hours on low heat so that the milk is reduced to almost 1/3 of it’s original quantity. Yes!! it’s is very high is milk fat!
But now a days we have no time to spend watching over a boiling pot of milk for hours. So here is my cheats way of using Condensed milk and Evaporated milk instead.
Well, I say cheats way of doing it but you – quick simply it’s a semi homemade way of doing it. So half your work is done for you and put in a can. There are some thing like condensed milk , puff pastry where you can’t help but be grateful for technology.
Video – Homemade Lychee Kulfi
You will be surprised at how fairly simple and easy it is.
Now you can’t get any more simple and easy than this! Can you?
You can watch this and more videos on my You tube Channel here.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest
Recipe Card- Homemade Lychee Kulfi
- Condensed milk – 1 cup (Condensed Milk)
- Evaporated milk – 1 Cup (Evaporated Milk)
- Whipping cream – 1 Cup / 250 ml – Whipping Cream (whipped)
- Lychee – 1 can – lychees – crushed ( I use the lychee with juice for extra flavor)
- Cardamon powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Pistachio chopped – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Crush the lychees using a blender.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks.
- In a large bowl – Mix all the ingredients together – star by pouring out the condensed milk, followed by the evaporated milk.
- Add the crushed lychees.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into kulfi or popsicle molds.
- Freeze for a couple hours (4 to 6 hours or overnight).
- To remove from the mold – just dip the kulfi or popsicle mold in warm water.
Recipe – Homemade Lychee Kulfi
Homemade Lychee Kulfi
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 250 ml Whipping cream whipped
- 1 can Lychee – crushed I use the lychee with juice for extra flavor
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder optional
- 1/4 cup Pistachio - chopped optional
- Crush the Lychees using a blender
- Whip the Cream to soft peaks.
- In a large Bowl – Mix all the ingredients together – star by pouring out the condensed Milk, followed by the evaporated milk,
- Add the crushed Lychees
- Fold in the Whipped cream.
- Pour into Kulfi or Popsicle Molds
- Freeze for a couple hours (4 to 6 hours or overnight)
- To un-mold – just dip the Kulfi or Popsicle mold in warm water.
I must warn you – once you had this Lychee Kulfi you will get HOOKED. It’s so addictive.