3 Ingredients Mixed Berry Ice Cream – NO Ice Cream Maker Required
With fresh berries in the season why decide on just one for your ice cream. This mixed berry ice cream is simple, easy and effortless using only three ingredients and takes only five minutes to prepare. The best part is you don’t need an ice cream maker to churn it either. This will probably be the best summer dessert you will ever make.
How many ice creams have you made at home this summer? Honestly, summer has just started and we have a long way to go, but with temperatures reaching 40C already this is probably going to be one hot and humid summer. The humidity in the middle east is really what kills the fun out of summer.
Kids are on vacation and this means there is so much happening. Now with my Aadi at 11 years old he and his friends don’t need mama and dada to drive them or drop them to meet up with friends. They coordinate with each other on the phone, pick their bikes and they are gone!! Sometimes they come over after their games, basketball or soccer being the most common. When they come over – Aadi raids the fridge and the next thing you know it’s all gone.
You know what this means? I have to stay stocked up at all times. We have got to have bread and stuff that goes in the bread so they can make sandwiches. Aadi is known to have the best cookie jar because I keep a big cookie jar and it’s always full. Of course, I make homemade ice creams which this summer has just gotten more popular.
It’s an ice cream summer
We’ve been thru a few batches of ice cream this summer. Let’s see, some I’ve already shared with you before like my matcha, mango, cherry, blueberry, etc and some I will hopefully soon like dulce de leche, more mango, oreo and crumble ice cream. Speaking of three ingredients ice creams you must remember my Blackberry ice cream and raspberry ice cream.
When the kids were small Rhea never used to eat blackberries much only raspberries and Aadi didn’t care much for blueberries. Now that they are grown a bit they tend to eat all berries, which is great for me because I love mixed berries. You’re going to love this one. The mixed berry is a real treat. It the goodness of berries that are so fresh in the market at this time of the year. It’s hard not to pick a few and bring home no matter how expensive. I honestly wish they were a bit more inexpensive. Most time of the year I have to rely on frozen exclusively for my cake fillings and frostings.
Let’s talk ingredients and substitutes (Save/Pin)
- Whipping cream – the higher the fat, the creamier your ice cream. I use 38% fat content in my whipping cream. With this recipe, I’m not calculating calories so it’s got to be whole full fat cream. You can, of course, use low-fat cream but it will give you ice crystals which means your ice cream will be a bit icy. Nothing work with that just as long as you know what to expect.
- Condensed milk – Condensed milk is already sweetened which is why we do not add any additional sugar. I always use my homemade condensed milk in 5 mins recipe in which you can reduce the sugar if you prefer. I highly recommend you taste the ice cream before you freeze it to ensure it’s sweet enough. If necessary add a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar.
- Vanilla – I do not add more vanilla because condensed milk usually has vanilla added into it.
- Mixed berries – You can use fresh or frozen berries. Even when fresh are in season they are quite expensive here so often I have to rely on frozen berries for our ice cream. Both taste absolutely delish. I highly recommend crushing the berries – it adds flavor to the mixture as well as color. So you get a nice marbled ice cream. You can, of course, mix it some more if you prefer a very berry colored ice cream instead.
If you like making no-churn ice creams then you must read my post on –
Must-Try Tips for perfect homemade no-churn ice cream
Recipe – 3 Ingredients Blackberry Ice Cream – NO Churn (Save/Pin)
- Whipping cream – 250 ml (1 cup)
- Condensed milk – 120 ml (1/2 cup)
- Mixed berries 200 grams (2 cups or 7 oz) (fresh or frozen)
- Vanilla – 1 tsp.
- Whip cream until almost stiff peaks
- Add the condensed milk and mix a minute more to combine
- Crush the mixed berries with a fork.
- Then add them to the whipped cream mixture.
- Give it a gentle swirl just enough to combine and marble it.
Alternatively stir vigorously to blend it into a smooth blackberry pink color.
- Pour into an ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the creamiest ice cream, thaw the container for at least 10 minutes before you attempt to scoop.
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
3 Ingredients Mixed Berry Ice Cream - No Churn
With fresh berries in the season why decide on just one for your ice cream. This mixed berry ice cream is simple, easy and effortless using only three ingredients and takes only five minutes to prepare. The best part is you don't need an ice cream maker to churn it either. This will probably be the best summer dessert you will ever make.
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
Whip cream until almost stiff peaks
Add the condensed milk and mix a minute more to combine
Crush the mixed berries with a fork.
Then add them to the whipped cream mixture.
Give it a gentle swirl just enough to combine and marble it.
Alternatively stir vigorously to blend it into a smooth mixed color.
Pour into an ice cream container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
For the creamiest ice cream, thaw the container for at least 10 minutes before you attempt to scoop.
Recipe Video - full version (detailed)
I recommend for this recipe
Love ice cream? No-churn Ice creams?
Well, you come to the right place. You must check out my collection of ice cream recipes here. Whether you looking for traditional French custard-based ice creams, quick popsicles, or just simple cheats 3 ingredient ice creams like this one, the possibilities are endless. You can view a collection of all my ice cream recipes here – NO churn Ice cream collection