How to Carve a Car Cake The Easy Way – Cake Tutorial
A car cake can make a great celebration cake for a boy or man at any age. Be it a six year old boy or a 60 year old man he sure loves his car. This cake carving tutorial shares a simple and easy method to carving the car cake no matter which car you choose.
Here’s another cake that so versatile. No matter what age most men (and some women) love their cars. In fact I know a few who are obsessed with their cars.
Today’s’ Tip has been shared by the lovely Sarah Clark of The Cake Tin. If you don’t know Sarah you are missing out on some really gorgeous cakes. Not to mention how amazing she herself is.
You can visit Sarah on her website here – The Cake Tin Website or The Cake Tin Facebook Page.
Here is Sarah with her awesome Rudolf Cake last Christmas.
Here is a little Bio Sarah sent me – I live in Rotorua, New Zealand and have run my own home based business for the last 3 years after discovering a passion for cakes. Prior to that I was a chef for 17 years. I am a Mum of 2 kids who are 7 and 4 years old and I have a fabulous husband who is super supportive of my crazy caking obsession.
My motto is “It’s fun to do the impossible” which is a Walt Disney quote. It seems so apt when so much of what we do is about pushing ourselves to be better and do things which scare us.
Cake Carving Tutorial – Carving a Cake Cake the easy way.
When you make a car cake it is easy to lose the shape of the car as you carve. So here are a few tips and progress pictures that might help you. Here I am carving a Beetles but any car shape with the same template will work as well.
By having two identical sides of the car in paper form as a template makes things much easier.
- Stack up your cakes into roughly the correct shape. Use toothpicks to place your pictures onto the sides of the cake taking care to ensure they are aligned correctly.
- Using a serrated knife start carving away the cake. Do small amounts at a time as this can reduce the risk of carving too much away.
- Once you have the body shape, place the roof on and see if the shape you need is right.
- Place tooth picks through the paper onto the cake where the chassis is curved so that you get the right places to carve away.
- Remove the paper and gradually sculpt the car so that it is the correct shape.
- Once it is the right shape Ganache and then you are all ready to ice and decorate.
And viola your Car Cake is perfectly carved.
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
And here is today’s Tip Thursday – on my Facebook Page –
you can see more Tip Thursdays here on the blog
You can save more of my Tip Thursdays here on Pinterest