Layered cakes are the new trend in celebration cakes. And, the taller the cake the prettier it looks. Hence, due to my professional cake decorating background, these layer cakes have now become my absolute favorite type of cakes. I love coffee cakes but you must admit there is something grand about tall layers of cakes.
Table of Content
- About my layer cakes
- 50 plus layer cakes recipes
- One Bowl Vanilla Cake Recipe
- BEST Vanilla Birthday Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Fluffy Vanilla Cake
- Mom's Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Moist Vanilla Bean Cake
- Bakery Style White Wedding Cake
- White Cake Recipe
- Vanilla Kahlua Cake with Kahlua Chocolate Buttercream
- Eggless Vanilla Cake (No-condensed milk)
- Easy Rainbow Cake - 7 layers
- Chocolate cake recipes
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Birthday Cake
- Simple Moist Chocolate Cake
- Death by Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- Coffee Chocolate Cake
- Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
- BEST Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe
- Cardamom Cake with Mocha Buttercream
- Devils Food Cake
- Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Ganache Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Fruit flavored cake recipes
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cake
- Pina Colada Cake, Pineapple Coconut Cake
- Mango Cake Recipe
- Zesty Lemon Cake with Lemon Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Best Orange Cake
- Moist Strawberry Cake
- Easy Strawberry Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Strawberry Cream Cake
- Red velvet cake recipes
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Best Red Velvet Cake
- Carrot cake recipes
- Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Carrot Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Other flavors
- BEST Coconut Cake Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cake Recipe with Caramel Buttercream
- Best EVER Butterscotch Cake
- Classic Gingerbread Cake Recipe
- Cadbury Creme Egg Cake
- Pumpkin cake recipes
- BEST Ever Pumpkin Cream Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coffee & tea flavored cakes
- Earl Grey Cake with Italian Meringue Buttercream
- Chai Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Cafe Latte Cake with Coffee Buttercream
- Espresso Cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- Frequently asked questions
- How do I make my cakes cost-effective?
- Join the conversation
About my layer cakes
If you see my layer cake recipes, I usually have two recipes, sometimes three. One is an oil-based cake, while the other is a butter-based cake. And, there are times when one is better than the other, right?
For example, for my wedding cakes, that need to travel or in the summer humidity, I go with my butter-based recipes. And yet, my small cakes, single-tier cakes, two-tier cakes, and in winter I use my oil-based cakes.
In addition, I love the moisture component that oil-based cakes bring, but I also love the rich flavor component that butter-based cakes have. And, while I want to be a successful cake decorator, serving delicious cakes to my customers, I also want a stress free profession. So, these little things can make a huge difference.
So, here is a list of almost 50 of my layer cakes recipes that I use as a cake decorator. In addition, I also have a huge selection of coffee cakes, which I often use when I need to make cakes for family and friends.
50 plus layer cakes recipes
Classic vanilla cake recipes
Chocolate cake recipes
Fruit flavored cake recipes
Red velvet cake recipes
Carrot cake recipes
Pumpkin cake recipes
Coffee & tea flavored cakes
Frequently asked questions
Not many people understand that the number of servings in the recipe card below can calculate the recipe for you.
See that little box that says "adjust servings here"? Just change that to the number of people you need to serve or the cake pan serving you need.
For example, if you need a 10-inch cake that serves 36 people, simply change the number from 8 to 36.
I already shared this with you previously in my post with all the charts. Cake Serving Chart Guide and Popular Cake Tiers. And, here are a few examples to help you. However, these are wedding cake portion sizes, not party cake sizes. In fact, I use these when I make fondant or buttercream cakes for wedding and celebrations.
6"x 2 round - 12 servings
7 x 2 round - 18 servings
8"x 2 round - 24 servings
9 x 2 round - 32 servings
10 x 2 round - 26 servings
Additionally, you can also change the measure from metrics to US customary. So, for those of you in the US, you have your cups and ounces. And, those of you in Europe, Asia, UK, and India can have the gram measurement. Can you see those two black boxes that say - Metric and US Customary? Just play with those to get the measure that suits you best.
A general guide for cake batters and size:
4 cups cake batter - (1 x 8-inch round), (8 x 4 loaf pan), (1 x 7-inch square cake).
8 cups cake batter - ( 2 x 8-inch round cakes) (1 x 9-inch tube pan) (10-inch bundt pan), (2 x 7-inch square cakes).
6 cups cake batter - (1 x 9 inch round cakes) (1 x 8-inch square cakes).
11 cups cake batter makes - (1 x 10-inch round cake) (2 x 8-inch square cake) (3 x 8-inch round cakes).
4 cups batter makes 12 cupcakes
6 cups batter makes 15 cupcakes
8 cups batter makes 24 cupcakes
12 cups batter makes 35 cupcakes
How do I make my cakes cost-effective?
Some cake decorators tell me that my cake recipes are great, but they are not cost-effective. And, as a business, they want to make money. However, that's not how I work.
I'm in the business of providing my customers great value and memorable moments. Therefore, I give my customers what I give my family: Rich, decadent and indulgent desserts. Like they are supposed to be. In addition, there is a time for low-fat and there is a place for a diet. So, when it comes to my customers they get the best. Therefore, unless a customer specifically orders something else, I will make them my standard cakes.
First, I make great cakes. Then, I calculate the cost and set the price. And, yes, it makes the cakes expensive. However, it also brings the right customers to me. And, brings them back for more cakes. Most important, I am proud of my cakes and I want to make them for customers who appreciate good quality, not low cost.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it.
Save it for later.
You can also find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to receive new recipes by email.