This teapot cake is an absolute show stopper. It would make a fun celebration cake. Perfect birthday cake, anniversary, or Mother day cake. In this video, I show you have I make this cake with a teacup and saucer.
Not long ago I was browsing on Pinterest and I happen to see this gorgeous teapot. There was something about it I really loved very much. It was simple yet so elegant. So I added it to my wishlist as inspiration for future projects. I had to make a cake for a friend so I decided to make this cake for her.
About this tutorial
In this video, I show you the complete process of how I carved this cake, as well as cover it with fondant. We also make the gum paste elements like the bamboo and saucer for the cup as well as the leaves. Lastly, we airbrush the cake carefully.
Useful tools and tips
- You will need a cake board for the bottom of the cake.
- You will need cake circles. One for the teapot and one for the teacup.
- Use a straight spatula for the adding ganache and an off-set spatula for smoothing
- 2 x 7-inch round cakes + 1x 6-inch round cake for the teapot
- A mini cake 3-inch round for the teacup
- I am using chocolate mud cake but you can use other cakes as well. See my 50 plus layer cake recipes
- Simple syrup to keep the cakes moist
- I am using Cake Decorators Chocolate Ganache for cake decorating - Dark. You can also use Cake Decorators White Chocolate Ganache
- If you prefer buttercream frosting - see 30 plus buttercream frosting recipes
There are two videos for this cake tutorial
Part 1 - shows how to carve and cover the cake with fondant
Part 2 - shows how to make the gumpaste bamboo, sauce, leaves, and airbrush the teapot.
You may also like
- Paw Patrol Cake with Chase Cake Toppers - Video
- Spring Buttercream Basket of Flowers - Video
- Floral Buttercream with Russian Piping Tips - Video
- Fondant Tree Stump Tutorial Pink Baby Shower Cake- Video
- How to make a Pumpkin Cake - Video
- How to make a Fire Truck Cake - Video
- Gum Paste Princess Crown and Cake - Video
- Buttercream Ruffles Cake - Short video
- Fondant Cheese and Mice Cake
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.