How to make a Doughnut Cake – Cake Decorating Tutorials
A doughnut cake can be a fun project to make for any birthday celebration, no matter what age. It’s really a simple, easy and effortless cake with nothing complicated or overly time consuming.
I made this sweet Cake for my little Rhea’s class teacher’s birthday. Of course Rhea was most excited about it than anyone else.
I chose to make a Doughnut because – it’s Hanuka this week and you eat Jam Doughnut for Hanuka..right?
But the Jam doughnut is more simple in shape; just a dome without the hole..!! So I made the regular Doughnut instead. Still a doughnut!!
Video – How to make a Doughnut Cake
A Doughnut Cake is a super fun cake to make so I decided to take a video and share it with you. It’s really easy and if you decide to make it.. Here’s a few things to keep in mind.
- Bake a cake that is easy to carve. See my recipe collection for cakes here under cake recipes
I used my Calculated Recipe Yellow Butter cake from my online shop but here is a cake that you can use to make this cake and it’s free.
- You will need an 8″ cake about 3 inches tall – Bake it in two 8″ pans and do not use any cake strips so they will have a dome which in this case is something you want.
- I used my Velvet American Buttercream Recipe as a base then made a Strawberry Buttercream. Here’s how to take one buttercream recipe and make many different flavors
- I’m using Satin Ice Fondant but you could use my homemade Fondant recipe and color with with Ivory food gel colors.
- I have used Magic Colors Ivory and Bazooka Pink.
Video on YouTube – How to make a Doughnut Cake
Don’t forget to subscribe for more videos every week.
The Doughnut Glaze Recipe
- The Glaze is just Corn Syrup with Bazooka Pink. I added Pink because I wanted the Pink a bit more brighter than I had. But you can use just plain Corn Syrup or omit the corn syrup all together.. I just liked the galze look.
Save this Doughnut Cake Tutorial on Pinterest for later
Here is my proud daughter with her teacher.