This deliciously refreshing strawberry banana smoothie is packed with plenty of fruit nutrition and energy to fend off that summer tiredness and dehydration. Perfect to start the day or boost your energy during the day
My Rhea has a smoothie for breakfast every single morning. She will have her cereal, sometimes even her pancakes, and yet she needs her breakfast smoothie every single day. Which is why I have shared quite a few smoothies and milkshakes with you.
- Chia seeds - just 1 tsp is plenty. I like the little added thickness it adds to the drink. Of course, feel free to omit the chai all together. Also, I like to add a few bloomed chia seeds for garnish. I have listed how to make that yourself below too.
- Fruit - I am using banana and strawberry as my fruit combination. You can use more or less of the banana or strawberries
- Protein powder - Protein powder – This is optional but also adds thickness to the smoothie. You can also add 1 tbsp oats instead.
- Ice – If you use frozen fruits you can omit the ice. A cold smoothie is so much tastier.
Step by step instructions (pin)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust sweetness and consistency - add more honey or milk if necessary.
- Pour into individual serving glasses.
- I always have bloomed chia seeds in my fridge which I like to add a little to my smoothies and milkshakes as a garnish.
They look pretty. Below I have shared how to make your own bloomed chia seeds in 10 minutes
Other smoothies you may also like
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Berry Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie, Mango lassi, or coconut mango lassi
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
- 1 Banana large
- 1 cup (150 g) Strawberries about 6 to 8
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 cup (240 ml) Milk
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 tbsp Protein powder optional
- I always have bloomed chia seeds in my fridge. I like to add a little to my smoothies and milkshakes as a garnish. I think they look pretty. (see below how to make bloomed chia seeds)
How to make bloomed chia seeds for your drinks
- Place chia seeds in a small mason jar with 1 cup of water.
- Close the jar and give it a good shake. This will help them revive much faster.
- Let sit for about 10 to 15 mins until bloomed.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you