This deliciously refreshing strawberry banana smoothie is packed with plenty of fruit nutrition and energy to fend off that summer tiredness and dehydration. Perfect to start the day or boost your energy during the day
My Rhea has a smoothie for breakfast every single morning. She will have her cereal, sometimes even her pancakes, and yet she needs her breakfast smoothie every single day. This is why I have shared quite a few smoothies and milkshakes with you.
- Chia seeds - just 1 teaspoon is plenty. I like the little added thickness it adds to the drink. Of course, feel free to omit the chai altogether. Also, I like to add a few bloomed chia seeds for garnish. I have listed how to make that yourself below too.
- Fruit - I am using banana and strawberry as my fruit combination. You can use more or less of the banana or strawberries
- Protein powder - This is optional but also adds thickness to the smoothie. You can also add 1 tablespoon oats instead.
- Ice – If you use frozen fruits you can omit the ice. A cold smoothie is so much tastier.
Step by step instructions
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust sweetness and consistency - add more honey or milk if necessary.
- Pour into individual serving glasses.
- I always have bloomed chia seeds in my fridge which I like to add a little to my smoothies and milkshakes as a garnish.
They look pretty. Below I have shared how to make your own bloomed chia seeds in 10 minutes
More smoothies recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it.
Save it for later.
You can also find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to receive new recipes by email.
Strawberry Banana SmoothiePrint Pin Rate Share by Email Share on FB Save Grow Saved!
- 1 Banana large
- 1 cup (150 g) Strawberries about 6 to 8
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 cup (240 ml) Milk
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 tablespoon Protein powder optional
- I always have bloomed chia seeds in my fridge. I like to add a little to my smoothies and milkshakes as a garnish. I think they look pretty. (see below how to make bloomed chia seeds)
How to make bloomed chia seeds for your drinks
- Place chia seeds in a small mason jar with 1 cup of water.
- Close the jar and give it a good shake. This will help them revive much faster.
- Let sit for about 10 to 15 mins until bloomed.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you