Christmas Cookie Decorating with Fondant Video Tutorial
Everybody loves decorated Christmas Cookie no matter what age you are. Make the most popular cookies this Christmas with this Christmas Cookie Decorating fondant tutorial. Make 3D Christmas Trees, Bells, Stockings and Snowmen. You will be surprised just how simple and easy these are to make.
The moment I start listening to Christmas music I start thinking of Christmas goodies. Of course, kids get excited too! I wanted to make a tutorial for you and I thought how about some Christmas Cookie decorating, with Fondant of course. You know I don’t have the patience for Royal Icing cookies. I love watching the pros in action but unless I have an order I don’t go the Royal Icing route.
See my cookies? A good variety for you I hope you like the tutorial. I tried to keep it simple and easy.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Of course; by now I presume you already know and have used my Vanilla Sugar Cookie Recipe and Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipes. I use these all the time. They are delicate but also very delicious. I hate tough cookies. Not point having pretty cookies if you can’t bite into them. My sugar cookies have the perfect balance of sweet and crumbly texture so they melt in your mouth. If you need eggless sugar cookies you can find my recipe here as well Eggless Vanilla Sugar Cookies and Eggless Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Useful Tools and Tips
- I used my Wilton Christmas Cookie cutters for these. I got the big bog of Wilton 101 cookie cutters and they really were amazing to have around. A good selection of the most popular cutters
- I like to use this rolling pin that has spacers on either side this helps me roll the dough to an even thickness. It has a few size rings at the end so I can use them for not just cookies but other baked goods that need different thicknesses.
- A good baking trayis an absolute must when working with cookies. I like to use my light colored baking tray. These bake cookies better and the lighter color helps to see the light brown edges on the cookies better.
- Parchment paper – I like to bake my cookies on a parchment paper. This helps protect the cookies and ensure they do not get too dark on the bottom as well as for easy clean-up.
I put some on a cookie pop stick. Kids love those. These are easy to make and perfect to distribute to kids at the party.
So here are my Christmas Trees
I have shown you three different cookies here. The simple embossed mat, the marbled and the textured, as well as the 3D ones in white and green. You can see they are simple and really easy to make. You don’t have to be a professional cake decorator to make simple cookies like this.
These are my Christmas Bells Sugar Cookies
I have stenciled these – so I show you how I stencil each one and add more details such as two-tone shading as well as bronze detail defining.
These are my favorite – The Christmas Stockings Sugar Cookies
For these I have used thekit wear or sweater embossed mat and an embossed mat and a fondant embossed mat. They do look impressive and may be difficult to make but honestly? The embossing does most of the work for you. If you see the video you will see they are SO SIMPLE and easy.
And finally my Aadi’s favorite – The Snowman Sugar Cookies
Again I used thesweater silicon mold for the hat but kept them simple. These are probably the easiest cookies in the whole batch.
Here’s the video on youtube – Fondant Decorated Christmas Cookies
For those of you that cannot watch the one above. Don’t forget to Subscribe to my channel to see what’s next weeks video. I have a new video every week. Sometimes two..!!
More Christmas tutorials?
Click here to see all y Christmas Recipe and Tutorials.
- Gumpaste Poinsettia with Poinsettia Cutter or Gumpase Poinsettia with leaf cutters.
- Christmas Ornament Cupcakes
- Christmas Eggnog Yule Log Cake
- Frosted Christmas Cake
- How to hand paint an edible Poinsettia on a cake
- Snowflake Christmas Wedding Cake