Cake Decorators White Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Making white chocolate ganache can be a bit tricker than regular chocolate ganache. Today I’m going to share my step by step tutorial on how to make the perfect batch of cake decorators white chocolate ganache every single time. No seized chocolate, no lumpy, grainy ganache just pure creamy smooth goodness.
Cake Decorators White Chocolate Ganache RecipePrint Pin Rate
6-inch round or 5-inch square cake
- 500 grams White chocoalte
- 130 ml Whipping cream
7-inch round or 6-inch square
- 650 grams White chocolate
- 200 ml Whipping cream
8-inch round or 7-inch square
- 775 grams white chocolate
- 250 ml whipping cream
9-inch round or 8-inch square
- 950 grams White chocolate
- 300 ml Whipping cream
10-inch round or 9-inch square
- 1200 grams White chocolate
- 400 ml Whipping cream
12-inch round or 10-inch square
- 1400 grams White chocolate
- 500 ml Whipping cream
Conversions – Please switch between Metric & US for more measurement options
Hot Cream Method
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl – set aside
- Pour cream in a saucepan and bring to an almost boil but do not boil. (I heat it in the microwave for a minute)
- Next, pour hot cream over the chocolate.
- Cover and let sit for a minute
- Stir until smooth.
- Tip: the heat in the cream should be just enough to melt the chocolate, so keep stirring. For some reason, if you still have unmelted bits of chocolate, place the bowl over another bowl of hot water and stir till melted. A little heat is all it takes.
- Break the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl,
- Pour cream over the chocolate
- Place the bowl in the microwave for a min on high.
- Stir well until you have a smooth ganache
- If necessary – continue to heat in microwave at 30 sec intervals until you have a smooth mix.
Consistency for covering a cake
- Ganache rested may not necessarily be ideal to just start using.
- The ideal consistency is peanut butter consistency.
- You want to be able to hold the ganache on the spatula and spread it around the cake.
- The best way to bring it to consistency
- In cold weather – stick it in the microwave for 10 secs
(when it comes to chocolate 10 secs is a lot so don’t’ over-heat)
- If the ganache was in the fridge resting it out for an hour works too.
- If you live in a hot an humid climate – just a vigorous stir with a spatula is all you need.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
More Chocolate Ganache Recipes
- Classic White Chocolate Ganache video- here
- Classic Chocolate Ganache (dark) video – here
- Cake Decorators White Chocolate Ganache – here
- Cake Decorators Chocolate Ganache (Dark) – here
- Chocolate Ganache Cake Filling – here
- Chocolate Ganache Glaze and Drips – here
- How to ganache a Cake video – here
- How to get sharp edges on ganache cakes – here