Fudgy Chocolate Walnut Brownies Recipe – Gluten-Free
Good quality chocolate and filled with walnuts these chocolate walnut brownies is luxury in every bite. A step by step video tutorial to make these simple, easy and effortless fudge-like brownies take less than 5 minutes to mix and 30 minutes to bake. The recipe is naturally gluten-free which makes it a perfect dessert to take with you at a party or just when you are in the mood for some fudgy chocolate goodness.
Hello lovelies, are you still enjoying summer?
Been watching the news and it’s kinda getting scary out there. We have hot summer and I’m talking like 40C plus hot. The humidity is killing. Kids don’t want to get out. Suppose to be summer weather but oh nooo… there is no way I’m sending the kids out to the beach in this weather.
So we are surviving on cold drinks and ice cream. The kids seem to have got a license to drink these treats without permission. But it’s so hot mama!! I’ve made more homemade ice creams this summer than ever before. There is always a jug of juice and flavored water to encourage the kids to drink more.
Ah well, I also made these walnut brownies recently and they turned out so good I knew I had to share it with you. If you like walnuts you must try this recipe. As a kids my mom always put walnuts in brownies. In fact, I grew up thinking brownies must have walnuts. Over the years I realized well, there are so many other things you can add to brownies too!
About these brownies.
Melt in the mouth delicious. Made with real couverture chocolate and cocoa powder for that added chocolate richness. You won’t find a brownie recipe more simple, easy and effortless than this. The combination of walnuts and chocolate is a thing of its own. You either love it or hate it. I know Ziv’s dads not a big fan of walnuts so I use pecan when I make these for him. If you are ever invited to a dinner or party and need to bring something? Make these and everyone will think you are a master baker. The recipes use cornstarch as the thickening agent so it’s naturally gluten-free too.
Have you ever met a brownie recipe you did not like? I must say I am very touchy about this subject. To it has to be moist on the inside, and I mean moist. Not soft gooey kinda moist. You should be able to cut a slice.
Let’s talk ingredients and substitutes (Save/Pin)
- Chocolate – Don’t get me started on this because you know how I feel about chocolate. The quality of chocolate you use in your brownies is what you will taste. This is it! You don’t have to buy an expensive brand but please use a good eating chocolate. No baking chocolate and not compound chocolate. If you are going to indulge make it count.
- Sugar – You can add white sugar but trust me when I say the brown sugar adds that chocolate fudge kinda quality.
- Cocoa powder – You can never have enough of chocolate, can you? This just enhances the flavor of chocolate even more. I always use regular dutch processed chocolate.
- Butter – I prefer to use unsalted butter so I can control the quantity of sugar in my recipe but if salted butter is all you gave go ahead and use it. Just omit salt in the recipe.
- Eggs – Always use large size eggs when baking unless specified. The size of eggs varies significantly these days so as a guide on large eggs weighs between 50 to 60 grams.
Recipe – Moist Fudgy Chocolate Walnut Brownies naturally gluten-free (Save/Pin)
- Stand Mixer such as K-mix or Kitchen-Aid
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Pan – 7-in square pan orsmall sheet pan
- Eggs – 3 large
- Brown Sugar – 200 grams (1 cup)
- Unsalted butter – 60 grams (1/2 stick or 1/2 cup)
- Cocoa powder – 25 grams (1/4 cup)
- Cornstarch – 40 grams (1/3 cup)
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Chocolate – 150 grams (1 cup or 6 oz)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Walnuts – 125 grams (1 cup or 4.4 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F
- Grease and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces
- In a bowl combine – cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt – set aside
- In microwave safe bowl – melt the chocolate and butter.
- Add sugar. Stir a minute until sugar is almost melted and chocolate is barely warm
- Next, add the eggs one at a time making sure you mix each egg well before you add the next one in.
- Add vanilla extract
- Followed by the cornstarch and cocoa mixture – combine well.
- Lastly, add the chopped walnuts saving a few to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan
- Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 mins or until the brownie is cooked but still slightly moist in the center.
- Cool completely before you cut into squares.
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
Chocolate Walnut Brownies Recipe
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
- 3 Eggs
- 200 grams Brown Sugar (1 cup)
- 60 grams Unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 25 grams Cocoa powder
- 40 grams Cornstarch (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 150 grams Chocolate (1 cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 125 grams Walnuts (1 cups)
Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F
Grease and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper
Chop the walnuts into small pieces
In a bowl combine - cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt - set aside
In microwave safe bowl - melt the chocolate and butter.
Add sugar. Stir a minute until sugar is almost melted and chocolate is barely warm
Next, add the eggs one at a time making sure you mix each egg well before you add the next one in.
Add vanilla extract
Followed by the cornstarch and cocoa mixture - combine well.
Lastly, add the chopped walnuts saving a few to sprinkle on the top.
Pour into the prepared baking pan
Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
Bake for about 30 to 35 mins or until the brownie is cooked but still slightly moist in the center.
Cool completely before you cut into squares.
Recipe Video - full version (detailed)
Love cake? Want more cake recipes?
Take a look at some of the most delicious cake recipes I have for you on this blog. All recipes are tried and tested. Whether you looking for a simple one bowl vanilla cake recipe, a fruit-flavored recipe for spring or luxurious recipe with decadent frostings. I’m sure you will find something you will love. Alternatively, take a look at my Recipe Index to see a list of all recipes on this blog.