Moist Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe – Best Chocolate Brownies EVER!!
This dark chocolate brownie is an addiction with a light crust on the top and a super moist center that just melts in the mouth. A simple, easy and effortless recipe uses dark chocolate and light brown sugar that gives it that distinct texture and flavor. Ideally, you need no excuse to make these but take them with you for your next party invitation and everybody will beg you for the recipe. Its’ so good.
What’s your favorite chocolate type? Dark, milk, white? In our family, we have all different taste buds when it comes to chocolate. Aadi likes Milk Chocolate, Rhea likes White Chocolate, Ziv likes either Milk or 60%, Personally, I love dark chocolate – and I mean I love using 70% or even 80% in my Brownies!!
What’s your favorite way to eat a Brownie?
I love a dark chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. Sometimes when I’m feeling spoilt, a little drizzle of caramel on the vanilla ice cream and sometimes a nice warm chocolate sauce on the bottom for those indulgent days when you just can’t have enough chocolate.. ladies you know what I’m talking about – Absolutely heaven!!
Now, this is my recipe, tried and tested over the year. Why? Because I’m so fussy about my Brownie? Yep!! has to be perfect. As embarrassing as it sounds, I believe I make the best brownies so I don’t order brownies when I’m out in a restaurant – just cause I’m so afraid I’d be disappointed. I know!
This recipe is so simple and easy you absolutely must try it. It’s my kids favorite and I usually never ever make it without Aadi and Rhea around. They enjoy every bit of the process, making and licking the bowl to cutting and enjoying the brownies.
One Recipe so many possibilities.
As I said I have tried and test this recipe for so many years so it’s just the way I like it. Now it’s like a winning formula that works as a base for my other brownie recipes. A good brownie should have a little crisp crust on the top with a soft, sweet, fudgy almost melt in your mouth center. That’s what this one is.
You can play around with the choice of nuts. I usually like pecan, but walnuts make a perfect combination with chocolate too. Try white chocolate chips if you like the contrast. I use this recipe as a base to make my dark chocolate fudge brownies as well as my ultimate moist strawberry chocolate brownies.
Let’s talk ingredients and Substitutes (Save/Pin)
- Dark Chocolate – You know how I feel about my chocolate? If you going to bake with chocolate use the best quality chocolate you can get. Nothing is worse than to bake a beautiful recipe and realizing you didn’t take it to it ultimate luxury.
- Sugar – The white sugar adds a bit of crisp skin on the top and the dark keeps it deliciously soft and moist with that distinct taste from the molasses.
- Eggs – The eggs work as a leavening agent here. Notice we don’t have any baking powder or baking soda in this recipe.
- Cocoa powder – I use Dutch processed dark cocoa powder. It’s what gives the brownies that dense dark chocolate color and texture.
- Flour – adds stability to the brownie. You can use almond or coconut flour if you want to make it gluten-free.
- Coffee – 1 tsp is not much you can add more if you prefer. I prefer a subtle hint of coffee that does not take away from my distinct brownie taste.
Don’t these look divine?
Can you see that thin layer of crust? and look at how moist that center looks. The secret? never overbake brownies. My mom’s first rule to baking brownies – err on the side of under-baked rather than over-baked. Why? no one ever complains about moist brownies but no one will forget if you give them dry chocolate brownies. Agree?
Recipe – Super Moist Dark Chocolate Brownie (Save/Pin)
- Stand Mixer(optional) – I use my K-Mix
- Baking Trays
- Parchment Paper
- whisk, measuring spoonetc.
- Dark chocolate – 200 grams ( 7 oz )
- Unsalted butter – 200 grams ( 3/4 cup)
- White sugar – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Light brown sugar – 150 grams (¾ cup)
- Eggs – 3 large
- All-purpose flour – 80 grams
- Cocoa powder – 50 grams (1/4 cup)
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Coffee powder – 1 tsp in 3 tbsp hot water
- Chocolate chips – 100 grams (½ cup) (optional)
- Chopped pecans or walnuts – 100 grams ( ½ cup) (optional)
- Preheat oven 170 C /340 F
- Whisk flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave or double boiler
- Add both sugars to melted chocolate butter mix
- Followed by eggs one at a time
- Next, goes in the vanilla and coffee
- Finally, add the flour mixture
- Mix well until you have a smooth well-incorporated batter
- Add chocolate chips and nuts
- Pour into a parchment lined 8 x 8 square cake pan
- Bake at 170 C/340 F for 30 to 40 minutes
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
My Video On YouTube. Please do Subscribe for more Channel.
I post one video every week. Thanks
Super Moist Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe
This dark chocolate brownie is an addiction with a super moist center and lightly crisp top that just melts in the mouth. A simple, easy and effortless recipe that gets done in less than an hour. Weather your making these for dessert or as gifts to family and friends these are bound to impress.
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
- 200 grams Dark chocolate
- 200 grams Unsalted butter
- 100 grams White sugar
- 150 grams Light brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 80 grams All purpose flour
- 50 grams Cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Coffee powder in 3 tbsp hot water
- 100 grams Chocolate chips (optional)
- 100 grams Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven 170 C /340 F
Whisk Four, Cocoa and Salt in a bowl.
Melt Butter and Chocolate in the Microwave or double boiler.
Add both sugars to melted chocolate butter mix.
Followed by eggs one at a time.
Next, goes in the vanilla and coffee.
Finally, add the flour mixture.
Mix well until you have a smooth well-incorporated batter.
Add chocolate chips and nuts
Pour into a parchment lined 8 x 8 square cake pan.
Bake at 170 C/340 F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Love Desserts? Take a quick look at my huge selection of Desserts from quick and easy to fun and exotic.
Or take a peek at my Recipe Index or Tutorial index to see a list of all recipes and tutorials available on this blog.