Floral Buttercream Cake with Russian Piping Tips
The Russian piping tips have truly become an asset to cake decorating. In this floral buttercream cake tutorial you will see how simple and easy it is to create a stunning floral cake.
Video – Floral Buttercream Cake Tutorial with Russian Piping Tips
This floral buttercream cake is made simple with just a few Russian Piping Tips. I love these, they take a while to get use to it but once you got it.. it’s gold!! I started off with these 10 tips a few months ago.
But now recently have got some more – the whole set! Yup! Can’t wait to play with these and show you what I do with it too.
You see the top of this cake – How pretty are those Tulips and Roses.
The sides are just a simple Wilton round piping tip no 12 .
In the very beginning of the video you will see I have used Magic Colours – I’ve used Yellow, Fuschia, grapevine. And of course I have used my Velvet American Buttercream Recipe
Save this tutorial for later on Pinterest
Some tips to making this Floral Buttercream Cake –
- Use a stiff buttercream consistency icing.
- Do not whip your buttercream too much. Air pockets are not fun when piping.
- Mix colors without adding too much air into your buttercream
- The colors will deepen as they sit – so once you start the cake – make sure you finish the cake.
- If you store buttercream for later – the color may not be the same as the ones in on the cake. The colors shades will be different. In this case it’s not critical.
Video – on You Tube Channel – Veena Azmanov (don’t forget to subscribe for more videos)
Well I hope you find these tips helpful when you do your next buttercream project