Easy Chocolate Mousse for Two – Valentine’s Day Desserts for Two.
This easy chocolate mousse for two makes perfect Valentine’s Day desserts for two. A simple, easy and effortless recipe that gets done in five minutes or less making valentine’s day dessert a breeze. Rich dark chocolate flavored with the aroma of coffee and liqueur lightened with whipped cream for that luxurious finish. The best part about valentine’s dessert for two – no left over!!
Ziv thinks valentine’s day is just a big hype for commercial reasons. But he knows I love Valentines’ day very much. So despite how he feels; every year he buys me flowers, gets me a lovely gift. Sometimes we even go out for breakfast together.
Personally, I know that valentine’s day is totally blown out of proportion and a bouquet of flowers that would otherwise cost X dollars, on valentine’s day cost XX dollars. You can never find reservations unless you booked in advance. It’s a crazy day right?
These last couple of years I prefer to stay home for dinner rather than go out. I will usually cook something we both love to eat. One of our favorite things to do when we eat out is – we share a dessert. Often we will order two desserts but we eat one at a time together sharing both desserts. Both of us have a sweet tooth.
One of our all time favorite desserts as a couple is a Chocolate Mousse! No, let me correct that – It’s dark chocolate mousse. We both love a good dark chocolate mousse with Kahlua in there. So often I will make this just for Ziv and me. The kids don’t like dark chocolate as much so we don’t have to share with them..
What for dessert this valentine’s day?
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I’m wondering if I should go with my same Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe or should I try something a little more different. I love this recipe not just because it’s our favorite but also because it’s so easy to make. You don’t need any special equipment.
The quantity being so little means you can whip the cream with just a bowl and whisk, no need for a mixer. The chocolate take 30 seconds to melt in the microwave. Combine the ingredients is all the work there is to it. Right?
Have you tired my other two valentine desserts or treats yet? Well, there is my Breakfast Yogurt Parfait for Two which is great to start the day with. Then for desserts I have Valentine Chocolate Fudge Cake for Two and Valentine Butterscotch Cake for Two and of course there is also the simple easy and always appreciated Chocolate Covered Strawberries that never fail to impress.
Let’s talk ingredients and substitutes (Save/Pin for later)
- Chocolate – Always use good quality chocolate not cooking chocolate or baking chocolate. Any chocolate that you love to eat on it’s own, is a good candidate for desserts.
I love using dark chocolate. I do like my chocolate about 60 to 70% but you can use anything between 55 to 70%.
- Sugar – I have given this as optional ingredient because I use chocolate that we enjoy eating. Fresh cream has a natural sweetness to it too. We prefer it without any additional sugar but I suggest you taste the mousse before you pour it into the serving cups. If necessary go ahead and adjust the sweetness.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix – I usually add vanilla pastry cream to my classic chocolate mousse but I wanted this to be a simple, quick recipe that can be done with small quantities. The vanilla pudding does have the flavor of custard which works great for a quick chocolate mousse recipe.
- Liqueur – This is completely optional and can be omitted for a non alcoholic version. I am a huge fan of Kahlua so often I will splurge a few extra tbsp in my hot chocolate or mousse recipes.
- Coffee – This is a great combination with chocolate but can be omitted if you don’t have coffee on hand.
Recipe – Easy Chocolate Mousse for two on Valentine’s Day (Save/Pin)
- Dark chocolate – 100 grams
- Whipping cream – 120 ml (1/2 cup)
- Powder sugar – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Vanilla pudding mix – 2 tbsp
- Kahlua, Baileys or Cream de Cocoa – 2 tbsp (or more)
- Coffee /espresso – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Melt chocolate in a microwave or double boiler –
- Add liqueur and combine well. set aside to cool.
- Whip cream with sugar and pudding mix until stiff peaks.
- Fold cooled chocolate with whipped cream (save some whipped cream for garnish)
- Pour into two individual serving cups
- Chill for at least 3 hours before you serve.
- Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream.
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
Easy Chocolate Mousse for Two aka Valentine's Day Dessert for Two
This easy chocolate mousse for two makes a perfect Valentine's Day dessert for you and your loved one. A simple, easy and effortless recipe that gets done in five minutes or less. Rich dark chocolate flavored with the aroma of coffee and liqueur lightened with whipped cream for that luxurious finish.
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
- 100 grams Dark chocolate
- 120 ml Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Powder sugar optional
- 2 tbsp Vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tbsp Kahlua, Baileys or Cream de Cocoa (or more)
- 2 tbsp Coffee /espresso optional
Melt chocolate in a microwave or double boiler -
Add liqueur and combine well. set aside to cool.
Whip cream with sugar and pudding mix until stiff peaks.
Fold cooled chocolate with whipped cream (save some whipped cream for garnish)
Pour into two individual serving cups
Chill for at least 3 hours before you serve.
Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream.
Do you love desserts?