How to avoid Cupcake Liners Peel after Baking
Cupcake liners peel after baking can look quite embarrassing, Especially after you take so much trouble to bake the perfect recipe. Worst if you bake them professionally which means -of course, you can’t give customers such cupcakes and have to find a way to either decorate them differently or make a fresh batch.
What do you think is the problem? Faulty Cupcakes liners? recipe?
While most often the we presume the problem might be with the liners, sometimes the problem actually can be with the procedures we use. Of course that does not mean the liners are always perfect.
Speaking of liners, I’ve most often notices the cheapest supermarket brands do work the best and cling to the cupcake so well.
I believe the main cause why cupcakes liners peel after baking is – Steam between cake and liner cooling too fast.
Some suggestions :
- Never spray you pan or liners with grease – the liners are already prepared for baking.
- Always fill your cupcakes 2/3 full not less, not more.
- Under baking your cupcakes can cause your cake to shrink when cooling causing the liners to pull away. Bake until done.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes or less– then take them off the pan to further cool on a cooling rack.
- Cool cupcakes completely before you place in the fridge or freezer.
- Quality of cupcake liners.. Buy good quality cupcake liners from a reliable source.
Often I find the super market brands liner work best. So I’m not talking about price I’m talking about quality. Some time test the new liners with left over batter.
Save this Tip for later. You can find a collection of my recipes, tutorials and tips here on Pinterest
So Today’s Tip Thursday was dedicated to this topic of How to avoid Cupcake Liners Peel after Baking.
Tips to save the day!
So those were ways to avoid the cupcakes from peeling after baking. What happens if you have already baked them and now you have cupcakes on the counter that look well… liners all peeled off.
- If the liners are completely peeled off – take them off and place a new one. It wont’ stick to the cupcake of course but you can try being creative with the design element
- Remove them from the liners and place them in baking cups. These are easy and not really expensive. They come in a huge variety too.
- Add a cupcake sleeve for the cupcake. Cupcake sleeve can give the most simple looking cupcake a fabulous make over. They aren’t cheap that is why I have a simple easy and effortless way to make DIY cupcake wrappers.
Ancdream 100 Count Rainbow Serise Wave Edge Greaseproof Cupcake Liners No Muffin Pan Needed Cupcakes Papers
BleuMoo 100pcs Colorful Paper Cupcake Liner Muffin Cases Greaseproof Dessert Baking Cups Random Color