How to Bake Same Size Cupcakes
Baking same size cupcakes can be a challenge when you just start baking cupcakes. However, getting them to look professional is just as easy as a few simple tricks. Here’s one that can make a huge difference.
Most often we make cupcakes and baked them only to realize that they are not all of the similar size.
Some are bigger and some are more brown than the others. The reason some are more brown is because the ones that are smaller get cooked faster and sometimes even dry while the ones that are bigger either cook right or stay under cooked in the center.
So if you baked them with different sizes you may end up with some overcooked while some under cooked cupcakes.
Same size cupcakes not only looks good they look professional too.
How do you bake Similar Size Cupcakes
- Baking same size cupcakes look elegant and more professional.
- The best way to get cupcakes all the same size is to ensure you pour equal amounts of batter in each liner.
- To ensure this; I find that best method is to use either an ice-cream scoop or a measuring cup.
- Know your recipe. All cakes will give you different results. Different batters will give you different rises. Example
- A Sponge or DC Chocolate cake batter will rise with a dome unlike A Devil’s food chocolate cake or light and fluffy Vanilla cake will give you a fat surface. (based on my blog recipes)
- Bake at 160 C/320 F for about 22 to 24 minutes.
The secret scoop
Save this Tip for later. You can find a collection of recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest
And finally for today’s Tip Thursday
View more from the Tip Thursday Collection