Halloween Witch's Hat Cupcake Topper with Apple Blueberry Cupcakes
Witch's Hat Cupcake Topper is a simple and easy sweet treat you can make in less than five minutes and ball of back fondant in your hands for this Halloween. Kids love their cupcakes topped with anything witchy - right?
Well, it's almost Halloween!! Have you made plans yet? Well, look at me I have already started getting Halloween Orders, which actually is not very common here in Israel.
Yeah here we don't celebrate Halloween but they do have something similar in the month of March called Purim when everybody dresses in costumes. It's just like Halloween but just a different name and not scary. Kids mostly dress in costumes of their favorite superheroes and Princesses, not necessarily into horror stuff.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So, of course, I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most... Witch's Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
It's was a great celebration cause the parents really did a great job in letting the kids get a Halloween experience.
We kept to some simple fall inspired cupcake recipes which I have shared before with you. Some Apple Blueberry Cupcakes, some were Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes and some like these are my Scrumptious Brown Butter Cupcakes. The recipe card is below for your convenience.
Don't forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Witch's Hat Cupcake Toppers
Recipe - Apple Blueberry Cupcakes
Apple Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese FrostingPrint Pin Rate
For the Cupcake Batter
- 160 grams (1.28 cups) All-purpose flour
- 175 grams (0.74 cups) Light brown sugar
- 170 grams (0.75 cups) Butter unsalted
- 2 (2 ) Eggs large
- 1/2 cup (1/2 cup) Buttermilk
- 1 cup (1 cup) Apple 1 large apple
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp (1/8 tsp) Salt
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Vanilla extract
- 1 cup (1 cup) Blueberries
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Sugar
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Cornstarch
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Line your muffin pan with cupcake wrappers.
- Peel and core the apple then chop them finely
- Add 2 tbsp flour to the apples and set aside (this will prevent apples from sinking to the bottom of the cupcakes)
- Swift together – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Followed by the vanilla extract
- Alternate the flour mixture and sour cream into the batter
- Scrape the bowl to ensure you have a smooth batter.
- Lastly, fold in the apples – do not over mix.
- Divide batter between the 12 cupcake wrappers
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C / 320 F for about 18 to 20 mins.
- Cool completely before you decorate.
- In a saucepan – add blueberries, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl – add cornstarch to 3 tbsp water (or use some of the blueberry juice) – set aside
- Place the saucepan on medium heat until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch slurry – cook on low until thickened.
- You want the blueberry filling to be shiny and glossy not opaque.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla extract and salt
- Start adding powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix well with each addition so you have a light and fluffy whipped cream-like consistency.
- Place the cream cheese frosting in a piping bag with a star tip.
DECORATE THE CUPCAKES
- Once the cupcakes are cooled.
- Core out the center with an apple corer. (as shown in the video)
- Place a teaspoon of blueberry filling in the center.
- Pipe with cream cheese frosting (as shown in the video).
- Top with a fresh blueberry
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you