How to make a Pumpkin Cake – Cake Decorating tutorials
How to make a pumpkin cake – the perfect gift for a fall inspired cake whether it’s a birthday celebration or Thanksgiving dessert table. Made with rich, delicious chocolate mud cake and frosted with my velvet American buttercream before being covered in fondant. An airbrushed spray adds more depth and characteristic to the final look of the cake.
I had to give one of Rhea’s teachers a birthday gift. What would be so perfect than a Pumpkin cake? Right? I wanted to make it kinda without much carving and wasting cake. Most often you see a pumpkin cake tutorial and there is so much carving to make the perfect shape, I wanted to make it more simplified. Everything does not have to be difficult, does it?
And I didn’t want the traditional just bright orange so… here is my version of the pumpkin cake. I do hope you like it.
Well, I have been wanting to make more tutorials especially video tutorials for the blog. With so much happening with the blog mergers and stuff, things have gotten slow. But things are shaping up again and I want to spend more time with you. So I hope you will enjoy this video.
Tools, supplies – Pumpkin Cake Tutorial
- Cake Recipe – The cake is my chocolate mud cake with my Velvet American Buttercream and
- Ball cake pan – I use the Wilton 6″ Ball Pan for this cake.
- Fondant – I usedSatin Ice fondantbut you can use my homemade sugar paste / fondant recipe as well.
- Airbrush and colors – I used Dinky Doolde Airbrush with Magic Colors airbrush colours I’ve use the green, yellow, orange, red, chestnutand pearl.
- Sugar Shapers – And the tool I used is Sugar Shapers – They come in packs of 4 from small to big and soft to firm you can read more about them in my post here Cake Sculpting tools
More ideas –
Now, in the video, you will see I use the Wilton 6″ ball pan so you could actually use this tutorial if you want to make a ball cake – Soccer ball, Basketball, Tennis ball etc.. You can use the ball to make a teapot cake too! and now that Christmas is coming you can use it to make a Christmas oranament cake too!
Here is my video YouTube –
If you cannot watch the above I hope you can watch this one. Don’t forget to Subscribe to my channel. You can find more of my tutorials on youtube here. Veena Azmanov
Cake Decorating Tutorials
Are you new to cake decorating? Do you love cake decorating?
Click here to see some of my Index of all cake tutorials from basic to advance.