Pregnant Belly Cake Tutorial
I recently made this pregnant Belly Cake for a customer. This is my third such cake since I started making cakes two years ago.
I think it’s a rather fun cake to make and kinda weird at the same time. Not sure if you understand but not everybody is comfortable with the idea of a baby belly – know what I mean.
Like I said a pregnant belly cake can be a fun cake to make and who doesn’t’ like the idea of a pretty dress, the dresses for pregnant women are getting more trendy and exotic now a days so you have many more options than just draping fondant like a boring cake.
I did make a video for you on how I made this cake; but I’m going to have to apologize in advance that in some parts I did not realize I was out of focus or rather the angle of the camera was not right.
Well I’m still new to this video making process so I do hope that as I continue to make more videos for you I will get better over time.
Pregnant Belly Cake – Video Tutorial
Here is the video I made for you I do hope you like it and I do hope you find it a tad useful.
For the cake I have used my cake recipes – VAOC Strawberry Cake with Vanilla American Buttercream and homemade fondant
As you can see in the video above I have used –
- Two round bowls for the boobs and one large bowl for the belly.
- The two round bowls were too broad so I trimmed the sides and they didn’t have enough height so I used the trimmings to add more height.
- Then I filled and crumb coated them – you can do these separately and then add the three pieces together if it helps.
- Once you put all the three pieces together – it’s time to design the dress.
- If you are new and not comfortable with a more elaborate design – you can do one large piece of fondant and drape the who cake. Cut out the extra and add some extra details to finish the cake.
- Here I have used fondant strips to give the boobs the pleated look then draped a skirt out of a large piece of fondant.
- The rest is easy – a belt , flower and a few extra details is all it takes.
I do hope you find this useful.
GET FREE UPDATES - SENT TO YOUR EMAIL.