Easy Cranberry Margarita
This cranberry margarita takes only 5 minutes to make and needs only 4 ingredients cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec, and lemon juice.
A long time ago (20 years ago) I used to be a flight attendant and back them knowing the names and concoctions of cocktails was a must for my profession. While I loved making them for passengers I also developed a few tricks of my own. I loved exploring new drinks and creating new combinations.
Christmas is almost here and I'm ready for my drink. There are two drinks I love around Christmas time - one is my eggnogs which I make in many flavors and the other is this margarita. It is beautiful and so Christmasy. The salted rim glasses remind me of snow and Santa.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Cranberry Juice - I highly recommend 100% cranberry juice not concentrate. There is a huge difference.
- Tequila - I suggest using a high-quality Blanco or silver tequila. It's made from the blue-agave plant so make sure it says 100% agave.
- Triple sec - This is an orange-flavored liquor and works beautifully with cranberries. If you don't have triple-sec you can also use Cointreau.
- Lime or lemon juice - always fresh no concentrate, please. You will know the difference.
How to make a cranberry margarita (save/pin)
- Rub a lime wedge around the rip of a cocktail glass and dip it in salt. Set aside
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar combine together tequila, triple sec, and lemon juice – top with ice – drain and discard ice.
- Add the cranberry juice.
- Pour into individual glasses,
- Garnish with a slice of lime and some sugar-coated cranberries.
- I put some mini cranberries on a cocktail stick and place them in each glass
- 2 cups (500 ml) Cranberry juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) Lemon Juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) Tequila
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Triple sec
- 4 Lime wedges for garnish
- 8 Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Time permitting make fresh cranberry juice - combine 1 lb fresh cranberries with 1 cup of sugar and leave to macerate in the fridge for up to 3 days. The sugar does a great job of breaking down the fruit. Blend the juice with some water and strain through a sieve. A cocktail made with this fresh juice is delish.
- Prepare the liquor ahead of time - Combine the alcohol ahead of time (without ice) and leave it in the fridge to chill. Then add 2 oz of the mixture to a cocktail glass and top with cranberry juice. Alternatively, place it in a large jug and top with cranberry juice.
- If you don't like cranberry juice substitute half the juice with orange juice. The color will be cloudy but still pretty.
- If you don't like cranberry juice. Apple and orange juice is a great combination.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
You may also like
- Butterscotch Irish Cream
- Eggless Eggnog
- Caramel Eggnog
- Rich Cherry Eggnog
- Maple Eggnog
- Hot Chocolate Eggnog
- Rich Chocolate Eggnog
- Kahlua Chocolate Milkshake
- Strawberry Vodka Cocktail
- Spiced mulled wine
- Baileys chocolate martini
- See all drinks here
- 15 must-have tools for a home baker
- 10 best gifts for a bread baker
- 10 Essential Pots and Pans to help you cook better
- My Favorite Cake Decorating Books
- 15 Healthy Eating Habits for the family
- 10 Amazing Gifts for a Cake Decorator
- What's in My Camera Bag?
- What is my Cake Room - Tools and Equipment
- Best Stand Mixer for Home Bakers
- What's in my Kitchen - Tools, Appliances, and Gadgets