This cranberry margarita takes only 5 minutes to make and needs only 4 ingredients cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec, and lemon juice.
A long time ago (20 years ago) I used to be a flight attendant and back them knowing the names and concoctions of cocktails was a must for my profession. While I loved making them for passengers I also developed a few tricks of my own. I loved exploring new drinks and creating new combinations.
Christmas is almost here and I'm ready for my drink. There are two drinks I love around Christmas time - one is my eggnogs which I make in many flavors and the other is this margarita. It is beautiful and so Christmasy. The salted rim glasses remind me of snow and Santa.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Cranberry Juice - I highly recommend 100% cranberry juice not concentrate. There is a huge difference.
- Tequila - I suggest using a high-quality Blanco or silver tequila. It's made from the blue-agave plant so make sure it says 100% agave.
- Triple sec - This is an orange-flavored liquor and works beautifully with cranberries. If you don't have triple-sec you can also use Cointreau.
- Lime or lemon juice - always fresh no concentrate, please. You will know the difference.
Step by step instructions
- Rub a lime wedge around the rip of a cocktail glass and dip it in salt. Set aside
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar combine together tequila, triple sec, and lemon juice – top with ice – drain and discard ice.
- Add the cranberry juice.
- Pour into individual glasses,
- Garnish with a slice of lime and some sugar-coated cranberries.
- I put some mini cranberries on a cocktail stick and place them in each glass
You may also like
Tried my recipe? Don't forget to rate ★★★ ★★ it and leave a comment to let me know how it was. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more.
- 2 cups (500 ml) Cranberry juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) Lemon Juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) Tequila
- ½ cup (120 ml) Triple sec
- 4 Lime wedges for garnish
- 8 Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Time permitting make fresh cranberry juice - combine 1 lb fresh cranberries with 1 cup of sugar and leave to macerate in the fridge for up to 3 days. The sugar does a great job of breaking down the fruit. Blend the juice with some water and strain through a sieve. A cocktail made with this fresh juice is delish.
- Prepare the liquor ahead of time - Combine the alcohol ahead of time (without ice) and leave it in the fridge to chill. Then add 2 oz of the mixture to a cocktail glass and top with cranberry juice. Alternatively, place it in a large jug and top with cranberry juice.
- If you don't like cranberry juice substitute half the juice with orange juice. The color will be cloudy but still pretty.
- If you don't like cranberry juice. Apple and orange juice is a great combination.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you