Copper Simpress Wedding Cake
A Coppertone and black wedding cake made using Marvelous Molds new Simpress collections. This copper simpress wedding cake makes a bold display accompanied with black, accented with metallic gold dragees and adorned with sugar tulips, roses, and blossoms in blue, ivory and whites.
This has got to be my absolute favorite wedding cake. Ah well, I say that with a few others too! But really look at that color!! By the way; I created that color myself and I’ll tell you how below. And combined with the black? My gorgeous tulips and roses and filler flowers. I really enjoyed working on this cake.
The best part about having a wedding cakes business is you get to meet some really lovely people. I must say I am blessed with customers who have really treated me well and have trusted me with their designs.
FIRST – I have an awesome giveaway for you.
From 1st May to 7th May on my Facebook Page and Instagram
Has it been a long time since we had a give away hosted on Veena Azmanov sites or any social media? Well, it’s about time. You remember this cake I made a few weeks ago? I love how it turned out and so did Marvelous Molds.
Today we have an exceptionally awesome giveaway from Marvelous Molds with the new Simpress onlay collection. We will have two lucky winners. And each will get a set of three molds. One winner on our Facebook Page and one on our Instagram page. All you have to do is Like, comment and share to be in the giveaway.
There have been some really amazing new products out by Marvelous Molds in this year. If you have not checked them out you must. So, in celebration of all the wonderful new products that have been released Marvelous Molds has decided they wanted to give two of my fans, yes two lucky winners a set of the recent molds. So I get to pick two winners to win three molds each. That’s six molds!! Isn’t that so generous? I hope you will like their facebook page and say ‘ Thank you’
The Cake Desing (copper simpress wedding cake)
This cake was ordered by the bride’s mother in law as a wedding gift for her son’s wedding. I never met the couple but the mother has taken a few cakes from me so she knows my work and trust me with designing her cake. After she discussed with her daughter-in-law she came back to me with this briefing.
- Colors – Copper with gold (you choose the third color)
- Sugar Flowers – tulips (you choose the rest)
- My daughter-in-law loves gift boxes, tree stump, fashion, shiny things. Can you send me a few design suggestions I can send her?
I did send her three design options.
Marvelous Molds Simperss Collection – (copper simpress wedding cake)
Have you seen the three new mold additions to the new simpress collection? Absolutely stunning and ones that I have been waiting for, for a long time.
I love sequins but if you notice I don’t have many cakes with sequins and the two I do have are made with sequins border molds, not confetti.
Making a sequins cake means adding tons of sugar confetti on your cake and then painting it in gold. First, it’s really a messy job as a cake decorator. Second, as a mom the idea of feeding your kids with all that sugar confetti is unacceptable. I’m very honest with my customers so if I don’t approve of giving my kids something I tell my customers about it. Customers do appreciate when you are honest. So yeah I have not had many of those sequin cakes in my gallery.
But with this new mold now I can use it because it’s again just fondant that’s impressed with the confetti pattern. I’m OK with fondant and it can be peeled off the cake for anyone who does not like too much sugar. I’m really looking forward to more of these cakes soon.
The bottom tier of this cake was supposed to be impressed with a stone impression mat but when I received this mold? I knew I had to use it. It’s used very simply as an impression on the bottom tier (of course I wanted to stay close to the design my client and me agreed) but can you imagine making a geode cake with this impression mat? I can’t wait to try it soon.
If you live in a hot and humid place? you will find this is a huge blessing. Why? in summer there is no way I can use my quilted impression mat on the cake – It sticks to the cake! Even when my fondant is not melting it’s still not super dry so impression mats usually have to be loaded with cornstarch etc. Now with this, you can do it more easily. Best of all you don’t have to work on making sure it’s all even!! It’s already taken care of.
If you live in a hot and humid place, then I highly recommend you check out my popular post on how to use onlay mold. You will thank me. I know!
Cake flavors, flavors, frosting – (Copper Simpress Wedding Cake)
- Bottom tier – Double chocolate, chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling and chocolate ganache
- Hexagon tier – Vanilla Cake (butter based) with Swiss meringue buttercream and chocolate ganache
- Double Barrel (two 7 inch tiers)- Carrot cake with Swiss meringue buttercream –
You can read all about double barrel cakes and how to make them here – What are Double Barrel Cakes – Cake Decorating Basics
- The top is white wedding cake with velvet American buttercream
- I’ve already made a tutorial (pictures as well as video) on how I make the classic sugar rose
- I will be adding the sugar tulips soon as well – you can find the other sugar flower tutorials here
- The blossom I have made a few videos on Instagram but not a formal video on YouTube or the blog. Will do that sometime soon as well.
Here’s a Pinterest Optimized image if you’d like to save to your inspiration board.
More of my cakes can be found here – Cake by Veena Azmanov
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway
- The product/service that is being given away will be outlined on the individual post. No alternatives are offered and the product/service cannot be exchanged for cash
- The number of winners is outlined on each giveaway and only this number will be selected
- The winner/s will be drawn randomly by a number generator
- Odds of winning are based on the number of entries
- The closing date is outlined on the individual giveaway
- You can comment, share and like as many times to increase your chances to win.
- If you enter the giveaway via Facebook you agree to a complete release of Facebook and you recognize that the giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook.
- Anyone 18 or over may enter from, any country
- If you win you will be contacted on my Facebook page by tagging you below your comment or on the Instagram comment again by tagging you below your comment. You are free to leave your e-mail address if you wish but that’s not necessary.
- The names of the two winners will also be sent by email via my newsletter. Sign up if you are not yet on that list.
- We will contact the winner within 3 days of the closing date of the giveaway.
- You will have 3 days to respond. If we do not hear from you within that time then another winner will be randomly drawn.]
Other random molds used on the Doubel Barrel cake tier (not exact – similar)
Are you new to cake decorating? Do you love cake decorating?
Click here to see some of my Index of all cake tutorials from basic to advance.