How to make a Christmas Tree – Christmas Tree Tutorial
A Christmas Cake with gumpaste snowman and Christmas Tree. Here I have shown you a simple and easiest Christmas Tree tutorial along with the Chimney and Snowman too! I hope you enjoy this little tutorial.
I honestly thought that since I made mini cakes for Hanukah, Cookies for both Hanukah and Christmas I’d make simple Christmas cake. I planned to make a simple cake with just a red ribbon and some holly leaves.
To my surprise when I asked my son what flavor he wants for his Christmas cake, he goes like this –
Mama, I want my Christmas cake to be all white with lots and lots of snow, a snowman with his magic hat and don’t forget my Santa on the chimney and lots and lots of Christmas trees!!!!!!!!!!
Aaaaahhhhh! that was exactly my expression. Anyway, I wasn’t about to disappoint him so started on his Christmas cake.
Here are a few pictures in the making.
I have already posted the tutorial for the gum paste Santa earlier.
- I started with a round cake covered in white fondant for the base. This is an 8″ round cake. I’ve made Vanilla Cake recipe with Velvet American Buttercream and Homemade Fondant Recipe
- I wanted the snowflake effect so I used the cutter and just pressed it on the soft fondant carefully to make impressions.
- I was going to add white snow and a white snowman on the cake later and did not want them getting lost on the white cake. So I decided to luster the cake with some pearl luster dust and vodka.
- Then I used a small spare piece of cake to make the chimney. Covered it in brown fondant.
- And made the impressions of the brick work. I do have a special impression mat for this but still just used my clean metal scale instead.
- Next, Place it on the cake.
- Added a piece of black to give the effect of hollow space.
Any of these snowflake cutters would work for embossing
R & M International Set of 4 Easy to Use Beautiful, Intricate Assorted Snowflake Pastry/Cookie Stampers
How to make Gumpaste Snowman
It’s fairly simple. Roll the pieces as shown in the picture below. Note the numbers show you what to do next.
Finally the Christmas Tree Tutorial I promised
I used three shades of green just to add more character. You could just use one. Make a cone and cut as I show in the picture below.
Use lollipop sticks to secure them to the cake as well as to ensure they do not bend over…
The lollipop stick should cover the entire length of the tree and go into the cake for stability.
Add any more details you want.
I added some gifts and scattered some confectioners sugar to simulate snow.
Ideally a border of royal icing simulating melted snow would be perfect on this cake but to me my Christmas Cake without the Christmas leaves and berries would be incomplete so I made that as a border instead.
I would have loved to do Santa’s bag as well but I thought the cake already looked quite full. It’s just and 8″ round and I hate crowded cakes.
Anyway, here is my finished cake. I hope you like it.
Are you looking for more Christmas Inspired Cake Tutorials or Recipes?
You can find more of my Christmas recipes and tutorials here