Halloween Witch's Broom Cupcake with Apple Blueberry Cupcakes
This Witch's Boom Cupcake Topper are fun and easy to make that all kids or grown up would love to have on their cupcake or cake. Barely take five minutes to create with just a small piece of fondant no special equipment needed.
How cute are these? You can use them on cakes too. So it's basically a cake or a cupcake topper. The only difference of course is you make the ones for the cake a tad bigger than the cupcake. I have shown you both in the video below.
Here is the close of the Brooms. The larger one can be made into a Cake topper while the smaller one would be a Cupcake toppers. I showed you both in the video just so you can see it better on the larger one.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So of course I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most... Witch's Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
The dad when one step ahead and created a spooky atmosphere. Unfortunately she didn't want me to share any of the party pictures on my blog. I totally appreciate that. I have kids too!
We kept to some simple fall inspired cupcake recipes which I have shared before with you. Some Apple Blueberry Cupcakes, some were Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes and some like these are my Scrumptious Brown Butter Cupcakes. The recipe card is below for you convenience.
Witch's Broom Cupcake Toppers
Here is the video I made showing you how I to make the Brooms. You can find all six videos on my You tube Channel here.. If you have not subscribed yet..
Go ahead and do so.. I do plan to upload more videos soon too. My you tube channel -
Don't forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Witches Brooms Cupcake Toppers for Halloween - Video
Recipe - Apple Blueberry Cupcakes
Lemon Blueberry CupcakesPrint Pin Rate Share by Email Share on FB Save Grow Saved!
- 1 cup (150 g) Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Water (divided)
- Preheat the oven at 325°F/ 160°C/ Gas Mark 3.Pro tip - The batter gets ready very quickly. But, make sure the oven is preheated well.
- Add all cupcake ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer. You can also use just a bowl and whisk. Combine well until you have a smooth batter.Pro tip - It is essential that all ingredients are at room temperature. Otherwise, you will have a lumpy batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes clean.Pro tip - Turning the baking pan halfway through will ensure they bake evenly (I forgot as you can see in the video - some baked with sideway domes 🤪).
- Cool cupcakes completely before you decorate.Pro tip - It is essential to cool cupcakes or cake completely before frosting or the frosting will melt.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook blueberries, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and half the water until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl – combine the cornstarch and remaining water. Add the cornstarch slurry – cook on low until it boils and thickened.Pro tip - You want the blueberry filling to be shiny and glossy not opaque. So, it must boil and become glossy, not opaque.
Cream cheese frosting
- Add all cream cheese frosting ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer.Pro tip - The success of a one-bowl recipe is to ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature. Otherwise, it could result in a lumpy buttercream.
- Combine well. Once all the powdered sugar has been incorporated, whip for 3 minutes more until light and fluffy similar to whipped cream. Pro tip - When whipped, the buttercream will become light and airy similar to a whipped cream consistency.
- Core out the center with an apple corer (as shown in the video). Place a teaspoon of blueberry filling in the center.
- Pipe a swirl on each cupcake starting from the base towards the top. Top with a fresh blueberry.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
Don't Forget to check out the rest of the Halloween Inspired Cupcake Toppers.
You can find them here under Cupcake Decorating Tutorials
Or you can check my Tutorial Index to see a list of all available tutorials at a glance on this blog