Halloween Witch’s Broom Cupcake with Apple Blueberry Cupcakes
This Witch’s Boom Cupcake Topper are fun and easy to make that all kids or grown up would love to have on their cupcake or cake. Barely take five minutes to create with just a small piece of fondant no special equipment needed.
How cute are these? You can use them on cakes too. So it’s basically a cake or a cupcake topper. The only difference of course is you make the ones for the cake a tad bigger than the cupcake. I have shown you both in the video below.
Here is the close of the Brooms. The larger one can be made into a Cake topper while the smaller one would be a Cupcake toppers. I showed you both in the video just so you can see it better on the larger one.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So of course I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most… Witch’s Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
The dad when one step ahead and created a spooky atmosphere. Unfortunately she didn’t want me to share any of the party pictures on my blog. I totally appreciate that. I have kids too!
We kept to some simple fall inspired cupcake recipes which I have shared before with you. Some Apple Blueberry Cupcakes, some were Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes and some like these are my Scrumptious Brown Butter Cupcakes. The recipe card is below for you convenience.
Witch’s Broom Cupcake Toppers
Here is the video I made showing you how I to make the Brooms. You can find all six videos on my You tube Channel here.. If you have not subscribed yet..
Go ahead and do so.. I do plan to upload more videos soon too. My you tube channel – Halloween Cupcake Videos Playlist
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Witches Brooms Cupcake Toppers for Halloween – Video
Recipe – Apple Blueberry Cupcakes
Apple Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield 18 cupcakes
The sweet apple flavor and the tart Blueberry filling of these apple blueberry cupcakes is what really tastes these cupcakes a long way. A simple light and fluffy brown sugar vanilla batter with cinnamon flavored apples gives these an almost caramel like sweetness.
For the Cupcake batter
- 160 grams (1 1/4 cup )- All Purpose Flour
- 175 grams ( 1 3/4 cups) - Light Brown Sugar
- 170 grams ( 3/4 stick) - unsalted butter at room temperature.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Apple
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp baking Soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Classic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 113 grams (1/ 2 cup) Butter
- 8 oz (1 cup ) Cream Cheese
- 375 to 425 grams (3 to 3 1/2 Cups) Powder Sugar or Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Line your muffin pan with cupcake wrappers
- Core, peel and chop apples into small thin almost minced pieces (I like them to almost dissolve in the batter)
- Combine together sour cream and apples.
- Swift together - flour, baking powder, baking soda, Cinnamon & salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Alternate the flour mix and sour cream/apple mix in to the mixer.
- Once all the ingredients are in. Scrape the sides of the bowl and give it another mix on medium for 30 secs until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Divide batter into the cupcake wrappers about 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C / 320 F for about 18 to 20 mins.
- Cool completely before you decorate
- In a sauce pan - add blueberries, sugar and lemon juice
- In a separte bowl - add cornstarch to 3 tbsp water or use some of the blueberry juice
- Place blueberry pan on medium heat until all the sugar is dissolved
- add the cornstarch slurry - cook on low until thickened.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese
- Add vanilla extract
- Continue to mix adding powder sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix well with each addition so you have a nice light and fluffy whipped cream like consistency.
- Once you have between soft to firm peaks good for piping - you can stop
- Use in a piping bag with a star tip
Decorate the Cupcakes
- Once the cupcakes are cooled
- Core out the center with an apple corer
- Place a teaspoon of blueberry filing in the center
- Pipe with cream cheese frosting (as shown in the video above)
Serving Size 103 g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.4 g
Saturated Fat 9.5 g
Unsaturated Fat 5.6 g
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 185 mg
Total Carbohydrates 43.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 2.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Don’t Forget to check out the rest of the Halloween Inspired Cupcake Toppers.
You can find them here under Cupcake Decorating Tutorials
Or you can check my Tutorial Index to see a list of all available tutorials at a glance on this blog