Halloween Witch’s Boots Cupcake Topper with Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes
These Halloween Witch’s Boots Cupcake Topper are probably the cutest of all. They are simple and easy cupcake topper that can be put together in just five minute and no special skills or equipment required.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So of course I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most… Witch’s Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
They wanted to take part in the cupcake making so they were given the opportunity to add their own frosting. I showed them how to add a dollop of frosting and then smooth it with a spatula. I think they really enjoyed it. They made some with just simple swirls and sprinkles.. The mom had got some really cute Halloween hats and cups as give away for the kids.
The dad when one step ahead and created a spooky atmosphere. Unfortunately she didn’t want me to share any of the party pictures on my blog. I totally appreciate that. I have kids too!
Cake Or Cupcake Topper
As you can see from the size above. These can be cake or cupcake toppers. Just matter of size. I made both in the video so you can see for your self. A little bigger in size and they are perfect for a cake too.
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Video Tutorial – Witch’s boots cupcake topper.
My you tube channel – Halloween Cupcake Videos Playlist
Witches Boots Cupcake Toppers
Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes with SMBC and Caramel
Yield 12 cupcakes
Perfect for the season these pumpkin spiced apple cupcakes with the warm pumpkin spice, velvet buttercream that melts in your mouth and end with the sweetness of the caramel.
- Brown Sugar - 150 grams (3/4 cup)
- Canola oil - 2/3 cup
- Sour cream 120 ml or 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2 large
- Apple - 1 large (chopped +
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour - 170 grams (1 1/2 cup)
- Pumpkin spice 1 tsp (+ a little for sprinkling)
- Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla -1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F
- Place baking cups or cupcake liners in a muffin tray
- Chop the apple and add 1 tbsp lemon juice to prevent oxidizing.
- Add 2 tsp flour to the apples and set aside.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs and brown sugar - until sugar is almost melted.
- Add in the oil followed by the sour cream
- Next goes in the flour - mix well
- Followed by the apples - fold them in
- Finally add the vanilla.
- Scoop the batter equally into 12 cupcake liners or 8 to 10 baking cups
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely before you decorate
Make Swiss Meringue Buttercream
I do have a recipe and video on how I make Swiss Meringue buttercream
Make Caramel Sauce
And I do have a video on how I make my Homemade Caramel Sauce
Decorate the cupcakes.
- When the cupcakes are cooled place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with your desired piping nozzle
- Pipe a swirl on top of the cupcakes
- Warm the caramel in the microwave for 10 seconds so it's easy to drizzle.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the cupcakes
Serving Size 36 g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Unsaturated Fat 6.3 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 69 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13.4 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 1.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Don’t Forget to check out the rest of the Halloween Inspired Cupcake Toppers. You can find them here under Cupcake Decorating Tutorials Or you can check my Tutorial Index to see a list of all available tutorials at a glance on this blog