The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
What makes a chocolate chip cookies deliciously chewy on the inside with a crip outside? Today, I share with you my recipe for the best chocolate chip cookie you will ever make. These have been one of my family favorites for a long time and still the one treat I give as gifts almost every Christmas because they are so appreciated.
I may not have enough food to go around at times but I always have enough cookies in my cookie jar. The chocolate chip cookie is the default cookie that gets made every week.
Well, it all starts with my husband who is a cookie monster. He loves the American Chocolate Chip cookie. Having lived in the US for so many years, he got used to eating big large bakery style chocolate chip cookies. Over the years, my Aadi has got the same attitude and fascination for the famous chocolate chip cookie.
The secret to being the best cookie mom?
Like I said, there are always cookies in my cookie jar. Whenever the kids are on play dates, guess what’s I’m baking fresh out of the oven? Cookies! Mom happy, kids very happy what more can you ask right?
Some cookie doughs freeze well. Like my Molasses Delights Cookie Recipe, Classic Gingerbread Cookies or Hamentashen Ozen Haman or Purim Cookies and these chocolate chip cookies too. So I make a big batch, portion them into eight per ziplock bag and store them in the freezer.. guess what that makes me – the most popular cookie mom among the kids.
Freezing the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Save/Pin)
As I said above I make a double batch and freeze the extras. The best way to freeze them is to use a cookie scoop/Ice-cream scoop and place them on a baking tray.
Place the tray in the freeze. Once they are individually frozen (about 2 to three hours) Drop them in a ziplock bag. That way they won’t’ stick together or lose shape. When it comes to freezing cookie dough, some do very well while some don’t.
Cookies are a great kids project too!
The Chocolate chip cookie being kids favorite is also a great dough for kids to work with. I find this dough is so forgiving that a little overmixing or undermixed and the cookies still turn out delicious.
Not the best photograph but this is what you have if you get the kids to make cookies. My Rhea loves to eat the butter and sugar mixture and of course, Aadi always adds twice the amount of chocolate chips. (but who’s complaining – It’s chocolate chips, right?) They will still taste delish!
Let’s talk ingredients and substitutes (Save/Pin)
- Flour – it’s best to use plain all-purpose flour for these cookies. They will spread but that is what they are supposed to do.
- Cornstarch – also called cornflour. This is the secret ingredient in this cookie. The secret is not just that we use cornstarch but that we add it when we cream the butter and sugar. This created that wonderful chewy texture we love in our famous chocolate chip cookies.
- Sugars – we have both brown and white sugar and these are absolutely necessary. The brown adds softness to the cookie white the white add that crispness to the cookie.
Tip – you can make a softer or crisper chocolate chip cookies if you play around with the ration of brown: white sugar.
- Vanilla – use a good quality vanilla as it does make a huge difference. I use my homemade vanilla extract.
- Chocolate – These are chocolate chip cookies so technically we should be using chocolate chips, right? Well, guess what I used them for the pictures on the blog but in reality!! I love to cut chocolate bars into small chunks and add them. Well, at first I did it because it was getting expensive to buy and remember to buy chocolate chips every week and then, of course, these melt must better in the cookies so I love these chocolate chunks more than the chips.
Recipe – Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER (Save/Pin)
- Stand Mixer or Whisk – I do both ways sometimes, with a
- K- mixas well as just a whisk
- Measuring Cups & Measuring Spoons
- Baking Trays
- Baking Parchment Paper – I like to line my baking trays with
- parchment paper.
- Unsalted butter – 228 grams (2 sticks/ 1 cup)
- Light brown sugar – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- White sugar – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Eggs – 2 large
- All-purpose flour – 240 grams
- Cornflour /cornstarch – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Pecans or walnuts chopped- 1 cup (optional)
- Vanilla – 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 190C/380 F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt – set aside.
- Cream butter, both sugar and cornstarch until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla – combine well.
- Add flour mixture – combine well.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips (and nuts if using) – combine well.
- Use a cookie scooper or two tablespoons.
- Drop the cookie dough onto to a baking sheet keeping enough space so the cookies can spread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cookie rack before storing them in a cookie jar.
The Best EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. These are the best ever chocolate chip cookies!! These have been one of my family favorites for a long time now and still the one treat I give as gifts because it’s so much appreciated.
Ingredients - Choose (Metric or US Customary) below
- 228 grams Unsalted butter
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 100 grams White sugar
- 2 Eggs large
- 240 grams All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Cornflour / cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 175 grams Chocolate chips
- 125 grams Pecans or walnuts chopped optional
- 2 tsp Vanilla
Preheat the oven at 190C/380 F
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt - Set aside
Cream butter, both sugar and cornstarch until light and fluffy.
Mix in eggs and vanilla - combine well
Add flour mixture - combine well
Lastly, add chocolate chips (and nuts if using) - combine well.
Use a cookie scooper or two tablespoons
Drop the cookie dough onto to a baking sheet keeping enough space so the cookies can spread.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes
Cool completely on a cookie rack before storing them in a cookie jar.