How to Transport Cupcakes - the Most Economical Way
The easiest way to transport cupcakes is a cupcake box! But what if you do not have one? Here is a simple, easy and economical way to transport your cupcakes and not have them go splat by the end of your trip. Use this to take cupcakes to kids' after-school activities, the park or even on a long bumpy ride across town. Transporting cupcakes has never been easier and simpler.
Before I started cake decorating as a profession, I'd bake a lot of cupcakes for family and friends - mostly just for fun. Unfortunately, I never had a cupcake box. First of all, I have to buy them from Amazon and eBay. In addition, the only affordable option is to buy them in bulk, which back then seemed like a total waste of money.
Today, since I have a cake business, I buy cupcake boxes in bulk.
So back then when I did not have these fancy cupcake boxes I'd use this method that I want to share with you today. I hope you will find it useful.
I cannot take credit for this idea. A couple of years ago I read about it somewhere. I don't know if it was a book or the internet but I remembered it. And when I needed to transport cupcakes I used this method not remembering where I saw it.
So here it is, I hope it helps you too. We are going to create a foil cupcake holder like this.
You will need your cupcake baking pan and aluminum foil
- Cut a big piece of aluminum foil about 1 1/2 times that of your baking pan.
- Flip your cupcake baking pan over.
- Place the aluminum foil on top of the baking pan
- Now slowly mold foil into the pan so the foil takes the sharp of the pan.
- Do it slowly making sure not to break the foil.
- Make sure you get into the depth of the curves so you get a good firm form.
- Flip it over to the right side and neatly fold all the edges so it looks presentable.
- Then take off the baking pan from the foil.
- And Voila!! What you have is a cupcake holder for your cupcakes.
- You can place this in a box or a tray.
- It's best to place it in a box that will create a snug fit around the foil.
- I use an aluminum tray.
- As you can see, the cupcakes do not touch each other or move. Therefore they travel well.
Like I said - currently I do use cupcake boxes for my business but if I didn't have one this is the best alternative to transport cupcakes.