How to transport Cupcakes – the most economical way.
The easiest way to transport cupcakes is a cupcake box! but what if you do not have one? Here is a simple, easy and economical way to transport your cupcakes and not have them go splat by the end of your trip. Use this to take cupcakes to kids after school activities, the park or even on a long bumpy ride across town. Transporting cupcakes has never been easier and simpler.
Before I started cake decorating as a profession I’d bake a lot of cupcakes for family and friends – mostly just for fun. Unfortunately, I’d never have a cupcake box. I had to get them shipped from Amazon and eBay, plus the only affordable option would be to buy them in bulk, which back then sounded a total waste of money.
Today, of course, I buy cupcake boxes in bulk cause I do run a cake business.
So back then when I did not have these fancy cupcake boxes I’d use this method that I want to share with you today. I hope you will find it useful.
I do not take credit for the idea below. A couple of years ago I read about this somewhere, don’t know if it was a book or the internet but it stayed in my head and when I was in need I used the method not remembering where I saw it.
So here it is, I hope it helps you too. We are going to create a foil cupcake holder like this.
You will need your cupcake baking pan and aluminum foil.
- Cut a big piece of aluminum foil about 1 1/2 times that of your baking pan.
- Flip your cupcake baking pan over.
- Place the aluminum foil on top of the baking pan
- Now slowly mold foil into the pan so the foil takes the sharp of the pan.
- Do it slowly making sure not to break the foil.
- Make sure you get into the depth of the curves so you get a good firm form.
- Flip it over to the right side and neaten all the edges so it looks presentable.
- Then take off the baking pan from the foil.
- and Voila!! what you have is a cupcake holder for your cupcakes.
- You can place this in a box or a tray.
- It’s best to place it in a box that doesn’t have excess room to move around.
- I use to use a tray.
- As you can see, the cupcakes do not touch each other or move. Therefore they travel well.
Like I said – currently I do use cupcake boxes for my business but if I didn’t have one this is the best way to transport cupcakes.