How to transport Cupcakes – the most economical way.
The easiest way to transport cupcakes is a cupcake box! but what if you do not have one? Here is a simple easy and economical way to transport your cupcakes and not have them go spat by the end of your trip.
Before I started cake decorating as a profession I’d bake a lot of cupcakes for family and friends – mostly just for fun. Unfortunately I’d never have a cupcake box. I had to get them shipped from Amazon and ebay, plus the only affordable option would be to buy them in bulk, which back then sounded a total waste of money.
Today of course I buy cupcake boxes in bulk cause I do run a cake business.
So back then when I did not have these fancy cupcake boxes i’d use this method that I want to share with you today. I hope you will find it useful.
I do not take credit for the idea below. Couple of years ago I read about this some where, don’t know if it was a book or the internet but it stayed in my head and when I was in need I used the method not remembering where I saw it.
So here it is, I hope it helps you too. We are going to create a foil cupcake holder like this.
You will need your cupcake baking pan and aluminum foil.
- Cut a big piece of aluminum foil about 1 1/2 times that of your baking pan.
- Flip your cupcake baking pan over.
- Place the aluminum foil on top of the baking pan
- Now slowly mold foil into the pan so the foil takes the sharp of the pan.
- Do it slowly making sure not to break the foil.
- Make sure you get into the depth of the curves so you get a good firm form.
- Flip it over to the right side and neaten all the edges so it looks presentable.
- Then take off the baking pan from the foil.
- and Voila!! what you have is a cupcake holder for your cupcakes.
- You can place this in a box or a tray.
- It’s best to place it in a box that doesn’t have excess room to move around.
- I use to use a tray.
- As you can see , the cupcakes do not touch each other or move. Therefore they travel well.
Here are a few progress pictures for you – so you can better understand the step mentioned above. Fairly simple really.
Like I said – currently I do use cupcake boxes for my business but if I didn’t have one this is the best way to transport cupcakes.
Cupcake Box holds 12, PACK of 10, 14x10x4 White Window Bakery/Cake Box and Inserts w/ Signature Picks
Chefible Premium 12 Cupcake Carrier Container Box, High Dome, Extra Sturdy For Easy Transport! 4 Pack