Makes one 9x4 loaf cake or 2 x 6-inch round cakes
- 224 grams All-purpose flour
- 80 ml Cooking oils
- 2 Eggs large
- 150 grams Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg grated
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Banana mashed about 3 to 4
- 150 grams Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F.
Grease and flour a 9 x 4 loaf pan or two 6-inch round baking pans.
Combine dry ingredients together – baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, grated nutmeg, and flour. Use a sifter or whisk to make sure it is well combined.
Mash Banana and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, using the whisk attachment, whip eggs and sugar until light and foamy.
Then, add the oil followed by the sour cream and vanilla.
Add the mashed banana and combine well.
Lastly, add the flour, followed by chocolate chips - and combine well.
Pour into a greased and lined loaf pan.
Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top (optional).
Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert on a cooling rack.
Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
- Once decorated the cake does not need to be refrigerated.
- It can stay at room temperature for three days or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Once cut always cover the cut side of the cake with cling/plastic wrap so the cake does not dry out.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1.7mg