No Spread Sugar Cookies - Vanilla Sugar Cookies
If you are looking for the perfect sugar cookies, then this no spread sugar cookies is the best. It takes 5 mins to mix and 10 mins to bake. The cookies do not spread no matter what shape you use. Soft and chewy, with a shortbread texture, they can be eaten on their own or decorated with royal icing or fondant.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 375 grams All-purpose flour
- 30 grams Cornstarch corn flour
- 228 grams Unsalted butter room temperature
- 250 grams Powdered sugar confectioners sugar/ icing sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
Make the Dough
Cream butter and powdered sugar in your mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Do not skimp on this step or the cookies will be very dense.
Add in the salt and vanilla.
Followed by the eggs one at a time - incorporating each well.
Next goes in the cornstarch and flour. Do not over mix once the flour is incorporated.
Bring the dough together and divide into two discs.
Wrap in cling/plastic wrap for at least 1 to 2 hours.
Roll the Cookies
Once the dough is chilled, roll it on a lightly floured surface evenly.
I roll my cookies 1/8 inch or 3 mm thick using a rolling pin with spacers.
(Often I roll them thicker 1/4 inch thick / 6mm - these baked a minute longer)
Cut out desired shaped cookies and place them on a cookie sheet one inch apart.
Chill and Bake Cookies
For best results, I prefer to chill the cookies while the oven is preheating.
Preheat the oven to 180 C / 360 F.
Bake cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the cookies.
When baked let cool on the tray for 7 to 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool further.
You can eat these cookies as is or decorate them with royal icing or fondant.
- This cookie recipe can be halved or double without any issues.
- The dough can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days, or Frozen for up to three months.
- If frozen thaw in the fridge over-night before you roll out.
- The baked cookies will stay at room temperature for up t0 2 weeks but best eaten within a few days.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5.3% | Calcium: 0.7% | Iron: 4.5%