The classic hummus recipe is a simple middle eastern food that can be served as an appetizer, side or main course. The recipe is simple, easy and effortless and gets done in no more than 5 minutes. Traditional Hummus is not just delicious but heart healthy too. Made with just four main ingredients this recipe is a keeper.
How to serve hummus the Middle Eastern way?
- Spoon a heaping spoon of hummus in a shallow plate.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread the hummus in the plate and create a swirl effect in the smooth hummus.
- Pour a tbsp of the reserved tahini in the center.
- Spoon some olive oil over the hummus
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika powder
- Place a tsp of zaatar spice in the center over the tahini