The Best Stiff Buttercream frosting for cake decorating Pipping Buttercream Flowers
If you plan to pipe buttercream flowers the first thing you need is a stiff buttercream frosting recipe for piping flowers. One that will pipe perfect buttercream flowers for you and will taste as delicious as it looks. This simple, easy and effortless recipe will give you a stiff buttercream frosting for cake decorating you will ever need.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 cups
- 456 grams Unsalted butter (4 sticks) (room temperature)
- 1 kg Powdered sugar / Confectioners sugar (2.2 lbs)
- 30 grams Pudding mix (see substitute above)
- 30 ml Whipping cream (plus extra for consistency)
- 1 tsp Clear vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Clear almond extract
- 1 tsp Salt
Have all ingredients at room temperature.
Place butter in a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment and mix until creamy - 30 seconds.
Add cream, salt, cornflour - mix slowly to incorporate.
Make sure you have no lumps - if necessary add a bit of the powdered sugar to help it combine.
Scarp the sides and bottom of the bowl for any butter stuck.
Once you have a smooth creamy mix - add the powdered sugar in two batches.
When all the sugar is in - scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl again.
Add vanilla and almond extract.
Give it one last mix for 2 minutes - check to make sure it's not too stiff and not too gritty.
If necessary add 1 or 2 tbsp fresh cream or milk to adjust consistency.
Unlike my Velvet American Buttercream Recipe, this one gets mixed for barely 5 minutes in total.
Storage and use
- This buttercream cream will stay at room temperature for about 3 days - having said that this is still an all-butter buttercream recipe so if the weather is hot the frosting will start to melt.
- When not using - store covered with cling wrap to prevent crusting.
- Add gel food color without over mixing to avoid incorporating to much air.
- You can store this buttercream in the fridge for a month or int he freezer for up to 6 months.
- It is best thawed in the fridge from frozen, then re-mixed to bring to consistency.
Serving: 39g (per serving) | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.5g | Protein: 0.12g | Fat: 0.12g | Saturated Fat: 5.91g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.42g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0.374g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 24.95g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%