Santa’s in town Winter Cake and Fantasy Winter Poinsettia Tutorial
This fantasy winter Poinsettia tutorial is a quick way of making a poinsettia like flower for a winter theme cake. Its’ simple easy and quick to make with a huge wow factor. Here’s how I made mine.
This is my most recent wedding cake. I made this for a lovely bride who wanted a White wedding cake, with a winter theme and a little Christmas involved. This is what I sketched for her and she loved it.
The Flavors you ask?
I love it when brides take the time to evaluate and decide their flavors rather than just choosing simple vanilla and chocolate because it will please everyone. This one has some of my favorites.
Top tier – Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Second Tier – Earl Grey Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Third Tier – Classic Vanilla Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Bottom Tier – Double Chocolate Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Swiss Meringue and Chocolate Ganache
This year again I took part in the Christmas Collaboration – Advent Calendar
And as usual I was asked to make a tutorial so I made this Fantasy Winter Poinsettia Flower for you.
Progress pictures for my Fantasy Winter Poinsettia – here’s page one
and here’s page two.
and finally page three
Since I was in a tutorial kinda mood – here’s some more.
Here’s how I did the Christmas Trees for the Winter theme cake
- Roll a sausage of fondant (with cmc added) into a cone.
- Use a skewer or back of the paint brush to hold it in place
- then using a scissor snip small cuts that looks like little spikes.
- For this cake I froze the trees for five minutes then cut them in half
- the tree on the top are used as is.
- I also used luster to give them a shinny look.
- Add a little glue then rainbow dust to add a little bit of bling
Next – How I made my Santa on his sleigh for this Winter theme cake
- Fill the mold with fondant.
- Place mold in the freeze for 2 minutes to chill
- Remove and un-mold.
- Attach to cake with a little water, glue or melted chocolate
How I created the frost effect and the bark texture on my cake.
- For the frost effect I used diluted royal icing and a sponge. My Royal Icing recipe can be found here on my blog too.
- For the bark I used a silicon bark texture mat
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
More Christmas tutorials?
Click here to see all y Christmas Recipe and Tutorials.