The Tree Stump Cake
My recent cake is this Tree Stump cake I made for a gentleman who celebrated his birthday.
This was ordered from a friend in the US for a friend here in Israel. It’s, in fact, the third year in a row that I have made a Birthday cake for him. Love it when customers come back – so encouraging and so fulfilling to hear kind words thank you for the cake.
I was given free rein on the cake so I had an opportunity to try something I wanted to for a long time. A tree stump.
I love the effect of wood but had not tried it yet.
For the wood effect, I used the tutorial by Serder Yerner of Yeners Way Cake Art Tutorials.
He made a Guitar cake and used this technique to make the wood effect. The guitar itself is an awesome tutorial.
A few more pictures of the cake.
This is my Simple yet moist Chocolate Cake with American Buttercream and Satin Ice Sugar Paste. You could, of course, use my homemade Fondant /Sugar paste too.
Hope you like my tree stump cake.
How I made this Easter Tree Stump Cake with Peter Rabbit
This Easter I made this pretty Easter Tree stump cake with Peter Rabbit.
Here’s another with a different background.
Some details on how I made this –
Easter Tree Stump with Peter Rabbit.
- This my Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache and you could use my Homemade Fondant Recipe
- The cake is a double barrel cake which means it has two 7″ round cakes stacked to make one 9″ tall cake.
- Each cake is on it’s on cake board.
- The first 7″ cake has a dowel in the cake before placing the second 7″ cake goes on top.
- Once both cakes were stacked – I then ganache it to look like one tall cake.
- I then added some long sausage shape fondant to give the bottom some trunk effects.
- The top if a disc of Ivory fondant
- The sides are first covered in white fondant to seal the cake.
- Then I used my Silicon wood impression mat to create the wood effect. I did this with more fondant – you could, of course, do it directly on the cake but I used a second layer to get more defined impressions. If you want to learn more about how to create this Realistic look on fondant – I used Jo Or’s of Ciccio Cakes tutorial on Realistic Wood effect to create my wood effect. Of course, I used fewer details on mine but her tutorial is absolutely amazing and you must check it here in her online shop
I hope you like the cake. It also made Daily Top Three on Cakes Decor
Related Video class