Shabby Sheek Cake Valentine Inspired
I made this cake for a beautiful couple who got married on the 12th of February. They were engaged a year ago on Valentine's Day too.
She wanted a Shabby Sheek style wedding cake. And yet wanted to incorporate the element of Valentine's Day just to remember her engagement.
Guys I have had Shabby Sheek on my wishlist for so long, you can imagine how excited I was when she wanted to order shabby sheek. If you're a cake decorator you probably know what I'm talking about, right?
So, quite a few of you on Facebook asked me - What is Shabby Sheek?
Well, Shabby Sheek is a form of interior design where the furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their appearance of age and signs of wear and tear or where a new item is deliberately distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.
So everything about this cake is Shabby Sheek.
The bottom tier is a wood panel that has been given an aged look; I used a texture mat that is similar to this wood texture mat
I then used my sugar shapers to enhance some of these textures.
The top two tiers are marbled fondant.
The topper is what brings the element of Valentine's Day into it of course.
Many of you have been asking me what camera I use to click my cake images. Here you will find all details about my camera equipment.
Well, but you know along with taking good pictures you also have to make awesome cakes.
I already spoke more about that on my previous post on - cake decorating as a hobby Vs Profession
For the flavors -
The top tier is my mocha cake with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.
The middle Tier is my matcha / green tea cake with matcha buttercream.
The Bottom is my classic vanilla bean cake with American buttercream.
You may also like
- Paw Patrol Cake with Chase Cake Toppers - Video
- Spring Buttercream Basket of Flowers - Video
- Floral Buttercream with Russian Piping Tips - Video
- Fondant Tree Stump Tutorial Pink Baby Shower Cake- Video
- How to make a Pumpkin Cake - Video
- How to make a Fire Truck Cake - Video
- Gum Paste Princess Crown and Cake - Video
- Buttercream Ruffles Cake - Short video
- Fondant Cheese and Mice Cake
- How to make a Doughnut Cake - Video
- Ice Cream Sundae Cake
- Paris Fashion Theme Cake
- Giant Cupcake
- Giant Cupcake Video (Coming soon)
- Cinderella Carriage Cake