A Paris fashion theme cake is a perfect cake for a girl or lady at any age. Whether she is twenty or sixty she is bound to love fashion and nothing says fashion better than Paris. This simple, easy and effortless tutorial shares a step by step on how you can create this cake from start to finish including the gumpaste Eiffel topper, silhouette, shoes, shopping bags and pearls.
Paris Fashion Theme Cake - Paris Cake - Fashion Cake - Cake for Women
I made this tutorial for Edible Artist Network. It's a Paris Fashion Theme cake and I think you will love it.
This is a three-tier Cake
- 10 x 4 “tall Bottom
- 8 x 6” Tall – Middle
- 6 x 4 “tall – Top
You can use any of the cake recipe, fillings, and frostings as well as fondant recipe I have on this blog.
The Tutorial consists of – Making the Eiffel Tower, Shopper Silhouette, 2D Shoes and Shopping Bags which are best made ahead of time so they can dry.
Medium to use – I am using fondant with CMC added. You could also use 50% gum paste and 50% Fondant. Modeling chocolate works well too.
Making the Eiffel Tower for our fashion theme cake (pin)
To make the Eiffel tower you can use a cookie cutter or use a picture printed out from Google.
- Roll paste a bit thick - Cut the shape using your cookie cutter or your template.
- Let it dry for a few minutes so it is firm but still pliable before the next step.
- You will need four cutouts. Three in black and one is Pink.
Using a sharp scalp blade cut the inside of the pink piece leaving a nice thick but neat Outline. Now place the pink on one of the blacks.
- Place the three cutouts of the Eiffel Tower using each other to support and make them stand – use tissue paper or external supports if necessary to support the shape until it dries.
- Beginners may find it easier to assemble the Eiffel tower on a small dried gum paste circle/disc with Royal Icing for more stability.
Making the shopper silhouette for our fashion theme cake
Find a picture of a shopper that you would like to use on the internet. Make sure the height matches the size of your cake height.
- My cake is 6” tall
- The Pink background is 6” tall and the Shopper Silhouette is about 4.5” tall
- Roll black Fondant fairly thin.
- Use a sharp Scalp blade or scalpel to cut out the shopper Silhouette.
- Let dry for a few minutes so it’s easier to handle.
- Roll the Pink paste and cut out a 6” oval. Here I am using a PME Oval cutter.
- Place the Black Silhouette on the Pink Oval background
- Attach to the cake using water or edible glue.
- You can cut the Silhouettes accessories such as bags in black or other colors as well.
Making the 2D shoes for our fashion theme cake (pin)
The shoes are cut the same way as the Eiffel Tower. You can use a cookie cutter or a template from the internet.
You will need two cutouts for each shoe. One in the color you need and black to create the soles.
I used Pink / Royal blue / Apple green and Extra Black as a choice of colors here.
- Cut your shoe shapes out form the template or cookie cutter.
- Place the colored shoe template on the black template. Such that the black looks like the sole of the shoe
- Cut off any excess. Add a bow or buttons if you like
- Secure a cocktail stick or Spaghetti between the two shapes before they dry
- Alternatively, Use melted chocolate or Royal Icing to secure the toothpick later.
Making the gum paste Shopping Bags for our fashion theme cake.
Cut our four squares using a square cookie cutter of the size of bag you need.
Two for the broader sides, for the narrow sides, one for the bottom.
- Fold the bottom square in half so you have a double more stable base.
- Cut one square in half to make the two sides
- Now assemble the two narrow sides to the bottom first.
- Then attach the broader sides
- Roll two thin sausages to create the handles. You can use a clay extruder.
- Use Magic Color Gold, black and a thin paint brush to write your desired accessories or brand names.
- Fill the bag with thin dried triangle of fondant or rice paper.
Additional notes on how I decorated the tiers
The cake tiers are decorated quite simple with basic shapes and molds.
- Top Tier - The top using a four corners shape in alternating in Bazooka Pink and Black.
I used a Pearl Mold to create a Pearl necklaces and dusted them with Super Pearl and Metallic Gold.
- Middle Tier - For the middle, I use a Marvelous Molds Floral Swag and border mold but you could use a circle cutter to create your own swag.
I dusted the swag and border with Metallic Gold Powder
- Bottom Tier - For the Bottom Tier I cut out strips of Bazooka Pink and Extra Black fondant.
I used the Classic Pearl Border Mold from Marvelous Molds and dusted it with Metallic Gold.
Finally here is the finished cake again. I was really pleased with how this turned out (pin)
Paris Fashion Theme Cake - Paris Cake, Fashion Cake - Cakes for Women
Don't forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
What is the best way to hold the layers on a 3 Tier cake and is it better to use whipped icing or Fondant on a 3 tier cake?
Hey Tiffany, Sorry your message was in spam. You can use whipped icing or fondant. As long as you dowel the cake you can use whatever icing you want