A good homemade mocha frappuccino is surprisingly simple and easy to make with almost all ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. A blender does the trick and you can enjoy a cool summer drink.
Table of Content
When we moved from the US here 10 years ago, one of the things I really missed was a good Frappuccino. So, I did what I always do, make it at home. Nothing is better than homemade - right?
I won't lie to you, when I make my own Frappuccino I make it without the whipped cream topping. The kids feast over that cream. If you can afford it, go ahead and indulge. It does make it so pretty.
Ingredients and substitutes
- Milk – I use dairy 3% milk. Almond, coconut, or soy would be delicious too.
- Ice cream - You can use vanilla or chocolate. In fact, try some Belgian dark chocolate ice cream
- Honey - Personally, I never have to add more than one tbsp, but this is individual taste. You can also use brown sugar.
- Whipped cream - You can use fresh whipped cream or the cool whip that you just shake and scoop over a drink.
Step by step instructions
- Add the cocoa powder to the espresso and combine it well.
- Then add all ingredients to the blender, milk, espresso coffee, ice cream, ice, and honey
- Blend for two minutes until everything is fluffy and smooth
- Pour into individual serving glasses and top with whipped cream
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
More variations to this frozen hot chocolate
- Peanut butter - Add 4 tablespoon peanut butter and ½ cup milk to the blender
- Caramel - add ¼ cup caramel sauce to the blender. Smear the milkshake glass with caramel
- Nutella - Add 2 tablespoon Nutella to the blender along with other ingredients.
- Hot chocolate - add 2 tablespoon hot cocoa mix to the blender
You may also like
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it.
Save it for later.
You can also find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to receive new recipes by email.
Homemade Mocha FrappuccinoPrint Pin Rate Share by Email Share on FB Save Grow Saved!
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Espresso (brewed)
- ½ cup (120 ml) Milk (½ cup)
- 3 scoops (200 g) Ice cream (vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 tablespoon Honey (as needed)
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you