Halloween Witch’s Cauldron Cupcake Topper with Scrumptious Brown Sugar Cupcakes
One of the fun ways to add excitement to kids Halloween celebration is to make Halloween inspired cupcakes with toppers like these Scrumptious Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Witch’s Cauldron Cupcake Topper and others.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So of course I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most… Witch’s Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
It’s was a great celebration cause the parents really did a great job in letting the kids get a Halloween experience.
They wanted to take part in the cupcake making so they were given the opportunity to add their own frosting. I showed them how to add a dollop of frosting and then smooth it with a spatula. I think they really enjoyed it. They made some with just simple swirls and sprinkles.. The mom had got some really cute Halloween hats and cups and give away for the kids.
The dad when one step ahead and created a spooky atmosphere. Unfortunately she didn’t want me to share any of the party pictures on my blog. I totally appreciate that. I have kids too!
We kept to some simple fall inspired cupcake recipes which I have shared before with you. Some Apple Blueberry Cupcakes, some were Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes and some like these are my Scrumptious Brown Butter Cupcakes. The recipe card is below for you convenience.
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Video Tutorial – Halloween Witch’s Cauldron Cupcake Topper
Recipe – Scrumptious Brown Sugar Cupcakes
Scrumptious Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream
Yield 12 Cupcakes
This Brown Sugar Cupcakes recipe takes the basic vanilla cupcake to a unique level. The molasses in the brown sugar add a unique flavor and gorgeous color to the cupcakes and buttercream.
For the Cupcakes
- Unsalted Butter - 113 grams or 1 stick
- Light Brown Sugar - 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Eggs - 2 large
- Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour - 175 grams (1 3/4 cups)
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla - 1 tsp
For the Buttercream
- Unsalted Butter - 113 grams (1 stick)
- Brown Sugar (Powder)- 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Powder Sugar/Confectioners Sugar - 125 grams (1 cup)
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F
- Prepare baking cups or cupcake wrappers in a muffin tray.
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder
- Cream Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Next add cream and flour mix in three batches.
- Lastly add Vanilla.
- Use an ice cream scoop to distribute the batter evenly between 12 cupcakes wraps or 10 Baking Cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 18 to 22 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Chill Cupcake completely before you decorate.
Make the Buttercream
- Place the brown sugar in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Cream the butter, cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
- When all the brown sugar has dissolved
- Add the Powder Sugar
- Lastly add Vanilla.
Pipe the Buttercream
- Place buttercream into a piping bag with your favorite piping tip and pipe a swirl.
- Alternatively use a spatula to create a dome on the cupcake.
- I like to sprinkle them with some Brown Sugar as well.
- These cupcakes will stay at room temperature in good weather for up to 2 days.
- In the fridge for about 4 days if wrapped well.
Serving Size 76 g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 11.7 g
Unsaturated Fat 6.7 g
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 119 mg
Total Carbohydrates 36.3 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 2.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.