The most common; simple and easy cupcake topper that everyone loves during Halloween is a sweet Pumpkin Cupcake Topper on top of your favorite cupcakes. If you love the flavor of pumpkin spice and color of pumpkin this one is ideal for you.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So of course, I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most... Witch's Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
They wanted to take part in the cupcake making so they were given the opportunity to add their own frosting. I showed them how to add a dollop of frosting and then smooth it with a spatula. I think they really enjoyed it. They made some with just simple swirls and sprinkles. The mom had got some really cute Halloween hats and cups as give away for the kids.
The dad when one step ahead and created a spooky atmosphere. Unfortunately, she didn't want me to share any of the party pictures on my blog. I totally appreciate that. I have kids too!
We kept to some simple fall inspired cupcake recipes which I have shared before with you. Some Apple blueberry cupcakes, some were scrumptious brown sugar cupcakes and some like these are my Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes. The recipe card is below for your convenience.
Don't forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcake Topper
My youtube channel - Halloween Cupcake Videos Playlist
Recipe - Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Apple CupcakesPrint Pin Rate Veenaazmanov
For the cupcakes
Swiss meringue buttercream
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Chop the apple finely, add the lemon juice to prevent oxidizing. Add the flour and set aside
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip eggs with sugar until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Then, gradually add the oil followed by the sour cream and vanilla.
- Next, add the flour and combine well.
- Finally, add the apples – fold them in but do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter equally into cupcakes liners or baking cups
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely before you decorate.
Swiss meringue buttercream
- Watch a video of my making this Swiss meringue buttercream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, combine egg whites, sugar and salt Place the mixer bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Whisk constantly until the egg whites are warm and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Attach the bowl to the mixer and start whipping increasing speed from low to medium-high until you have stiff peaks.
- Continue whipping on low until the mixture is completely cool.
- With the mixer on low speed gradually add room temperature butter
- Once all the butter is in whip on high for 2 to 3 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Set aside or in the fridge until ready to use
- Watch a video on how to make a caramel sauce
- Place the sugar, lemon, and water in a deep light-colored saucepan.
- Melt the sugar on medium heat shaking the pan as needed. Tip - Keep the heat on medium to low so the sugar caramelizes, not burns. Shake and swirl the pan slowly guiding the heat distribution.
- Once all the sugar is amber, add in the butter and combine well.
- Next, add the cream and be careful because the caramel will bubble up. Take it off the heat.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then pour it into a mason jar. As the mixture cools it will get thicker.
- Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting or the frosting will melt.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the cupcakes.Tip - as the caramel cools it will get thicker. You can heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds to bring it to consistency.
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
More Cupcake Toppers
Don't Forget to check out the rest of the Halloween Inspired Cupcake Toppers. You can find them here under Cupcake Decorating Tutorials
Or you can check my Tutorial Index to see a list of all available tutorials at a glance on this blog