How to make a Halloween Pumpkin Cupcake Topper
The most common; simple and easy cupcake topper that everyone loves during Halloween is a sweet Pumpkin Cupcake Topper on top of your favorite cupcakes. If you love the flavor of pumpkin spice and color of pumpkin this one is ideal for you.
I made these for a birthday girl recently. She loves Halloween so her request was to make Halloween cupcakes with her friends. So of course, I chose to make the ones that kids would love the most… Witch’s Hat, Broom, Boots, Cauldron, Pumpkins, Skull and Bones, ghost. The kids really loved it.
They wanted to take part in the cupcake making so they were given the opportunity to add their own frosting. I showed them how to add a dollop of frosting and then smooth it with a spatula. I think they really enjoyed it. They made some with just simple swirls and sprinkles. The mom had got some really cute Halloween hats and cups as give away for the kids.
The dad when one step ahead and created a spooky atmosphere. Unfortunately, she didn’t want me to share any of the party pictures on my blog. I totally appreciate that. I have kids too!
We kept to some simple fall inspired cupcake recipes which I have shared before with you. Some Apple blueberry cupcakes, some were scrumptious brown sugar cupcakes and some like these are my Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes. The recipe card is below for your convenience.
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcake Topper
My youtube channel – Halloween Cupcake Videos Playlist
Recipe – Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Apple Cupcakes with SMBC and Caramel
For the cupcakes
For the frosting and drizzle
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F
- Place baking cups or cupcake liners in a muffin tray
- Chop the apple and add 1 tbsp lemon juice to prevent oxidizing.
- Add 2 tsp flour to the apples and set aside.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs and brown sugar - until sugar is almost melted.
- Add in the oil followed by the sour cream
- Next goes in the flour - mix well
- Followed by the apples - fold them in
- Finally, add the vanilla.
- Scoop the batter equally into 12 cupcake liners or 8 to 10 baking cups
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely before you decorate
- Make Swiss Meringue Buttercream - recipe and video here
- Prepare Caramel Sauce and shown in this recipe and video here.
Decorate the cupcakes.
- Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting or the frosting will melt.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with your desired piping nozzle - I've used Wilton round tip 12 (large round tip)
- Pipe a swirl on top of the cupcakes
- Warm the caramel in the microwave for 10 seconds so it's easy to drizzle.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the cupcakes.
More Cupcake Toppers
Don’t Forget to check out the rest of the Halloween Inspired Cupcake Toppers. You can find them here under Cupcake Decorating Tutorials
Or you can check my Tutorial Index to see a list of all available tutorials at a glance on this blog