How to make a Fondant Tree Stump Cake Tutorial – Pink Baby Shower Cake
Learn to create a realistic Fondant tree stump cake. In this simple, easy and effortless video tutorial; I show you how to create a tree bark texture with just a piece of foil and the back of a knife. There are endless possibilities to a tree stump from a baby shower, birthday, wedding, and even grooms cake.
A design with endless possibilities
A Fondant tree stump cake is one design with endless possibilities. I myself have made it a couple of times for different occasions. This was made Pink with a baby shower theme. I have made it in brown for an enchanted fairy theme, as well as Easter Theme with Peter Rabbit. You can also make it for a grooms cake. I am currently making a Tree Trunk wedding cake with white roses. So you see… endless possibilities.
Video – Fondant Tree Stump Cake Tutorial – Pink Baby Shower Cake
A few more details, info, and images of the cake
- Cake – I baked my chocolate mud cake recipe in a 7″ round cake pan.
- Tort the cake into three layers with my velvet American buttercream in vanilla and chocolate
- I’ve use my quick and easy Best Homemade Marshmallow Fondant Recipe marshmallow fondant recipe here. If you want to make it brown instead of pink – you can use my Homemade Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant instead.
- For the tree bark texture you can use afondant tree bark silicon texture matI showed in the video but I used just crunched up aluminium foil
- To enhance the texture with lines I have used my Sugar Shapers but you can use the back of a knife or any similar tool
Here’s the top view of the cake. I will be uploading a video on how I made those instant Baby Booties and Shoes
And here’s the close up of the front door and cobblestone pattern.
We have bunnies obviously because we have Easter coming soon.
Don’t forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest.
Some of the tools used in this video