Fondant Covered Apple Cupcakes
These fondant apple cupcakes are perfect for the holidays and make cute little gifts to give as treats during the festive season such as Rosh Hashana aka Jewish new year. While they look really impressive these actually take no more than 5 minutes to decorate. Make red or green apples and share them with family and friends this holiday season.
Every year during selected festive holidays I like to give some little gifts to people we deal with in everyday life. I like to acknowledge and kinda say thank you for little things.
One of those festive occasions is Ros-Ha-Shana - which is the Jewish new-year here in Israel. Now I'm not Jewish but my husband's family is and so are the people I give these gifts too. The Jews celebrate their new year eating an apple with honey - honey represents starting the new year as sweet as honey.
So I usually make these apple cupcakes or my fondant apple min cakes every year for the Jewish New-Year and it's become such a tradition that I usually will get Aadi and Rhea's teachers ask me if I plan to make my pretty apple cupcakes again?
So often while I want to make something new their affection for these apple cupcakes keeps making me make these pretties again and again.
Fondant Apple Cupcakes (Save//Pin)
- Bake your favorite cupcakes. You can try any of my recipes for this except the ones with whipped cream - I'm using my pumpkins spiced apple cupcakes. You can find more of my cupcakes recipes.
- Cool them completely.
- Then top each cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting and smooth it into a nice round dome - Chill it for at least 10 minutes.
- I am using my marshmallow fondant recipe which I colored red. But you can use commercial red sugar paste as well.
- Cut out a diss about two sized larger than the circumference of the cupcakes
- Place on the cupcake and smooth well with the palm of your hands (avoid using fingers).
- Use a ball tool to make the center indent or you could use the back of a paintbrush or simply use your finger if you don't' have long nails.
- All a stalk with brown fondant rolled into a small sausage. Alternatively, you can use a clove just make sure you tell people it's a clove so they don't eat it. It's edible but has a very strong taste.
- For the leaf, I have used a leaf cutter but you could just roll a ball of green fondant into a teardrop. Flatten the teardrop with should look like a leaf shape. Use a knife to mark a center and sidelines just like a leaf. Give the leaf a little twist for a natural look.
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER. TRIED MY RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH ME, PLEASE.
Share a picture of your work with me by uploading an image here below my image on this board. You can also find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Fondant Covered Apple CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
Conversions - Switch between Metric & US for other measurement options
- Bake your choice of cupcakes and cool completely
- Use an ice cream scoop and place a dollop of frosting on top of the cupcakes
- Smooth the frosting into a dome shape - place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes
- Roll fondant to about 1/8 inch thickness
- Cut a fondant disc using a cookie-cutter about 2 sizes larger than the cupcake
- Place the fondant on top and smooth with the palm of your hands
- Use a fondant sculpting tool and mark and indent where the stalk will be placed.
- Smooth it with your finger to look natural
- Use brown fondant for the stalk and green fondant for a leave
- Note - to make a leave take a small piece of green fondant - shape into a teardrop then flatten it and mark some lines for the leave.
- You can also use a clove for the stalk
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
You may also like
- Best Ever Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
- Butterscotch Cupcakes with Butterscotch Buttercream
- Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Champagne Buttercream
- Carrot Cupcakes with Easter Eggs
- Apple Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Cream Cupcakes
- Pink Cherry Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Buttercream
- Dulce De Leche Cupcakes with Dulce De leche buttercream
- Caramel Cupcakes with Soft Caramel Cupcakes
- Scrumptious Brown Sugar Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting