Enchanted Forest Princess Cake
This is my Enchanted Forest Princess Cake made for an eight year old little girl who loves her fairytale stories.
He mom told me she loves to dress up like a princess all day. She’s loves her flowers. She loves the outdoor woods and in summer when they go camping she loves to pretend that she is lost in the forest.
Based on these details I thought let’s do something a little foresty, and enchanted. Of course I had to make her lost in the woods… so this is how I envisioned my cake.
She really loved her cake and her mom was so surprised at what I created.. I think she thought I’d make a simple cake with a crown on top.. but since she gave me the liberty.. I choose to do this..
- The cake is an 8″ / 20 cm round cake, I filled and ganached the cake as usual.
I used my VAOC Chocolate Cake, American Buttercream and Ganache for this cake
- Then I added a few extra sausages around to the cake with modelling chocolate to add the extra truck shapes. Just roll long tapering sausages and add them to the cake.
- Next covered the top of the cake with Ivory fondant. Impressed the wood effect with my Sugar Shapers. I created the cuts on top and highlighted them with black gel colour
- Next I rolled a long strip of brown fondant with textured it with my wood grain silicon mat. I then wrapped that around my cake.
- I used the sugar shapers again to bring out some of the wood effect. I used dust to highlight some areas
- Finally I added all the other elements, covered the board and textured it like grass with a folk. Made some grass, some pumpkins and some mushrooms.
- Lastly I added the fairy princess which I made with modeling patse.
Price DisclaimerPrice Disclaimer
Price: £3.20Price Disclaimer