Easter Tree Stump Cake with Peter Rabbit
This Easter I made this pretty Easter Tree stump cake with Peter Rabbit.
Here’s another with a different background.
Some details on how I made this –
Easter Tree Stump with Peter Rabbit.
- This my Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache and you could use my Homemade Fondant Recipe
- The cake is a double barrel cake which means it has two 7″ round cakes stacked to make one 9″ tall cake.
- Each cake is on it’s on cake board.
- The first 7″ cake has dowel in the cake before placing the second 7″ cake goes on top.
- Once both cakes were stacked – I then ganached it to look like one tall cake.
- I then added some long sausage shape fondant to give the bottom some trunk effects.
- The top if a disc of Ivory fondant
- The sides is first covered in white fondant to seal the cake.
- Then I used my Silicon wood impression mat to create the wood effect. I did this with more fondant – you could of course do it directly on the cake but I used a second layer to get more defined impressions.If you want to learn more about how to created this Realistic look on fondant – I used Jo Or’s of Ciccio Cakes tutorial on Realistic Wood effect to create my wood effect. Of course I used less details on mine but her tutorial is absolutely amazing and you must check it here in her on line shop